Q for the guys: what do you think of love handles?

angela89

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wouldn't say the men on ENA represent most of the population either. there aren't many guys commenting here.

100% agree. I also laugh at the assumption that every guy posting here sucks with women. There are maybe 5 regulars who talk like that (edited to add that I am completely aware that I am one of them due to looks issues)...the rest get laid often enough.

The blonde in the picture looks fine to me. Biel is a million percent out of my league. Pink has a good body but I'm not into the face.

I think I touched a little bit of everything.

I don't think all the guys on eNA are losers with women (I only saw one poster say that, and he was being self-deprecating.) I think there's a wide span of types on men on eNA, with vast variance of experience/success/issues/attitudes/tastes.

Which is precisely why I question ghost's saying that eNA doesn't represent the male population well.

I think he was just referring to many men on here saying that they are okay with love handles to a certain extent, whereas he and his buddies would be less tolerant of them.

Most guys are not overly thrilled about joining a relationship forum to spill the beans on their lives to begin with. The average guy is probably not a ladies man, but he probably doesn't "struggle" per se, either. I'd say the "average" guy would probably serve in a helping capacity here, but a lot of the dudes that come here do so with problems. Not all, but some. If you ask guys who struggle with women what their tolerance level is for tummies, they'll probably be pretty forgiving. It's the whole beggers can't be choosers thing. Ask an attractive guy with a lot of options what his tolerance level is and you'll get a "realer" answer because it isn't rooted in desperation. Some guys prefer tummies without desperation being involved, but they are smaller in number.

Part B: I am here, and I am not an accurate representation of most guys. lol.

Go to a car, poker, or sports forum and ask these questions. There's your average guy response.

Because we feel that our individual neuroses are strong enough to seek an outlet for them in an internet forum. Most people have them and quirks, but I guess they manage them, at some extent, better than some of the men I've read here.

But, I agree with you that having a set of problems doesn't preclude us from having an opinion over the aesthetics of a bit of flesh on the hips.

I've always been a little self conscious of my love handles.

"Guy's want something to hold on to." True?

Any guy who loves you will love you whether you have love handles or not.

To answer your question I'd have to say this: Depends on the guy. One mans truth is an another mans lie. Truth should never be confused with fact.

You are here, PTH.

And so is Ghost.

So what about them apples?

So, all the types of men you described -- desperate and "beggers", fine with who they are and not choosy, fine with who they are and choosy, are all here on eNA. They are all part of the pie here, and I'd say in about the same proportions as I see out in real life.

Because we feel that our individual neuroses are strong enough to seek an outlet for them in an internet forum. Most people have them and quirks, but I guess they manage them, at some extent, better than some of the men I've read here.

True, to some extent. On the other hand, how do you know:

1. how people are managing them?

2. how many people just don't have the time or inclination to read and write about them?

3. how many people wouldn't come here if they knew it existed? (what a shameless plug for ena, lol

And, even the guys who feel they are "beggers" here have stated their physical turn-offs and been candid about what they don't find attractive.

I said I'm not an average male, Ms. Good Will Hunting, so I'm confused as to what you mean by this.

I meant that someone who you might consider "an average guy" (Ghost), kind of thinking along the lines of who an average guy out there would be, as well as you (who self-describe as not average) are BOTH on the same message board.

I was only saying that many kinds of dudes can be here...average, not average, (by self-description or otherwise) can be posting here, equally.

It certainly wasn't an insult.

But "Ms. Good Will Hunting"??

Okay. Wow.

Wow.

What about those of us who both get laid and have trouble with women?

details please.

can't hold a long lasting relationship? there are many guys who are "pick up artists". But they can be the worst for having a lasting healthy relationship in my opinion.

huh? this was to roden. he made it seem like he was sleeping around with a lot of women.

I meant that someone who you might consider "an average guy" (Ghost), kind of thinking along the lines of who an average guy out there would be, as well as you (who self-describe as not average) are BOTH on the same message board.

I was only saying that many kinds of dudes can be here...average, not average, (by self-description or otherwise) can be posting here, equally.

It certainly wasn't an insult.

But "Ms. Good Will Hunting"??

Okay. Wow.

lol, you don't remember the part of the movie in good will hunting where he gets the girl's phone number, sticks it on the glass for the dude to see, and asks "How do you like them apples?" I am guessing you didn't see the movie called "Good Will Hunting," as you seem offended?

The difference is Ghost is here in a helping capacity, as I said the typical dude would be here to help.

Archived