How many PAID sick days do you get in a year?

I've always wanted to be a city worker. Great benefits. You are very lucky. Only 24 and you have such a great worker's package.

I agree, I don't intend to go anywhere. A final salary pension, so much leave and sick pay, you don't get that in the private sector.

As always there's a downside though, I spend most of my days so wrapped up in red tape that I never get anything done!

0!!

Woot woot! Yay for working in restaurants....where instead of allowing you to have a paid sick day, they actually make you come in and handle food and customers while you are sick! LOVE IT!

My daughter had pink eye and the boss still wanted her to go into work and handle food. He didn't think it would be a big deal as long as she didn't touch her eye before handling the food!

She didn't go to work.....

My daughter had pink eye and the boss still wanted her to go into work and handle food. He didn't think it would be a big deal as long as she didn't touch her eye before handling the food!

She didn't go to work.....

Ya...it's disgusting.

One of the top careers where health is ridiculously important and they don't care if you have the plague. Working in restaurants has definitely made me appreciate home cooking.

(OP: Sorry for the off-topic rant)

55 sick hours

50 hours holiday pay if I show up for all 5 of them(work day before and after)

80 hours vacation

12 hours personal time

132 hours possible I can use without seeing a doctor.

55 hours I can use but need a doctors note to use any.

I get 86 day's a year and then the salary after that is taken on the last three months of work of which you get paid three quarters for up to a year then it gets reduced to half for the next year, but when it is something like cancer there is no limit, salary stays the same indefinitely.

I get 10 paid vacation days and about 10 sick days.

At my last job, I got the same amount of vacation and sick days, but I could also carry over the sick days and I also got 10 paid days of "Christmas shutdown" around the Christmas holiday. I miss my old job (left that job to move to CA).

With my job now, I can't carry over sick time, but I CAN carry over vacation time.

• 2 weeks later...

I get 4 hours of sick leave and 4 hours of vacation leave every 2 weeks. 26 pay periods in a year, so that equates to 13 days of each type of leave. If something happens that causes long term leave to be necessary, other employees can donate their excess sick leave to you.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have allotted sick time but I am paid 100 % when I am off. My boss can ask for a doctor's note at any time. We have long term benefits as well after 15 weeks.

I have at my job for 23 years and am entitled to 6 weeks vacation. This goes up starting at 2 weeks, 3 weeks after 10 years, 4 after 15, etc.

Archived