gee

ohchristina

As Caramon, I'm with you. While I am happily single and enjoying writing my novel with no female influence. I still miss being loved.

You're the first person to pick up on the name.

Anyhow, I, too, am an aspiring writer. However, I've found that without some great passion fueling me, I suffer from severe writers block.

With that said, I wait for the day I can put my life back together, fuel myself once more, and complete all that I've set out to do.

You're the first person to pick up on the name.

Anyhow, I, too, am an aspiring writer. However, I've found that without some great passion fueling me, I suffer from severe writers block.

With that said, I wait for the day I can put my life back together, fuel myself once more, and complete all that I've set out to do.

I always believed that I needed the love of a good women to be able to focus on the writing, but this time around, I care not. My passion is for the writing is all I need. I have to say that Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman influenced me to be a writer.

I always believed that I needed the love of a good women to be able to focus on the writing, but this time around, I care not. My passion is for the writing is all I need. I have to say that Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman influenced me to be a writer.

Absolutely. Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are stellar authors and they spurred along my creativity.. for a time.

It may have something to do with the rut I'm in, lack of life experience, or just my mindset due to my age, but I'm feeling exactly what you described. The last time I felt truly motivated to sit and write, I was in love. Deeply, madly, and wildly in love.

Since I lost that.. I can't rightly put a pen to paper (or cursor to word processor, as it were) and coax anything onto the "canvas".

Absolutely. Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman are stellar authors and they spurred along my creativity.. for a time.

It may have something to do with the rut I'm in, lack of life experience, or just my mindset due to my age, but I'm feeling exactly what you described. The last time I felt truly motivated to sit and write, I was in love. Deeply, madly, and wildly in love.

Since I lost that.. I can't rightly put a pen to paper (or cursor to word processor, as it were) and coax anything onto the "canvas".

Once you remove yourself from that sense of need, you find you can do anything on your own. Sure, I'm 15 years older than you and have been through a handful of long term relationships. I still want to meet someone and fall in love, but the more I focus on something else, the less I care about meeting someone. And as everyone says, the girl for you will come along with you least expect it. So I am waiting for my first book signing as I'm sure some 16 year old will come along and want to shag me... Oh, that's so Californication.

Once you remove yourself from that sense of need, you find you can do anything on your own. Sure, I'm 15 years older than you and have been through a handful of long term relationships. I still want to meet someone and fall in love, but the more I focus on something else, the less I care about meeting someone. And as everyone says, the girl for you will come along with you least expect it. So I am waiting for my first book signing as I'm sure some 16 year old will come along and want to shag me... Oh, that's so Californication.

It would bring a sense of irony if that were the case. I've fought with co-dependency my entire life and haven't yet discovered how to remove myself from the attachment I seek. If it's really as simple as completing that, I'll kick myself.

Whenever you do finish your book, I'd love to read it. I've read many of your posts and you have a sense of depth and understanding of the English language that I find lacking in many.

It would bring a sense of irony if that were the case. I've fought with co-dependency my entire life and haven't yet discovered how to remove myself from the attachment I seek. If it's really as simple as completing that, I'll kick myself.

Whenever you do finish your book, I'd love to read it. I've read many of your posts and you have a sense of depth and understanding of the English language that I find lacking in many.

Trust me, it has taken me a long, long time to understand the nature of my need and to switch it off. The greatest drug in the world is women and I am an addict through and through. But the only way to beat the addiction is to find and demonstrate your passion for what you were put on this earth for.

Understand that you don't need a woman to demonstrate your passion and understand that once you succeed with your passion, women will come. Focus on what you need to do and when you succeed (note, no ifs) the rewards will be there tenfold.

Trust me, it has taken me a long, long time to understand the nature of my need and to switch it off. The greatest drug in the world is women and I am an addict through and through. But the only way to beat the addiction is to find and demonstrate your passion for what you were put on this earth for.

Understand that you don't need a woman to demonstrate your passion and understand that once you succeed with your passion, women will come. Focus on what you need to do and when you succeed (note, no ifs) the rewards will be there tenfold.

I'll take these words to heart and focus more of my energy inward, trying to break the addiction. I know it's virtually chained me to a proverbial stone in my psyche, limiting my movement without the "key" of love to break the chains and free my spirit.

Writing and technology are my two passions. I can learn an infinite amount about technology and my thirst will never be sated. Writing, however, intimidates me. I'm fairly decent at expressing myself through writing (certainly better than verbally), and yet I stop myself.

I think I'll concentrate on my poetry before I search for the rhythm to writing my novel again. At least that way I'll have an expressive outlet concentrated on me, rather than my characters.

Archived