Guys: how long would you wait for sex?

bebeblondie

Guys: How long would you wait for sex if

1. you really like the girl

2. she's just ok

Also take into account how desperate you are for sex..meaning if you are the type of guy who has no problem getting laid obviously unless you really like the girl you probably won't stick around too long. But if you are the type of guy who doesn't exactly have a line of girls waiting to go to bed with you, you probably would stick around longer.

Again, it depends on the emotional bond and where we're at in the relationship. Do I expect to hop in the sack after the first meeting? Nope. While sex is a very important part of a relationship in my eyes, it's not so important that I'll push the issue too soon. With the last relationship, we were 5 months into the relationship before anything happened in the sex department.

You're assuming that a man will wait longer if women aren't lining up to have sex with him - but that assumes that men want sex without an emotional bond and without a commitment - just "sex". I think that's an inaccurate generalization and that attitude about men likely will have a negative impact on your friendships/relationships with men.

Most of the men I was seriously involved with were willing to wait -- meaning, happily -- until I was comfortable and half of them would not have had sex before we had been dating at least a few months and were serious and committed. In most cases I waited at least 4 months and until we were serious, committed, with strong potential for marriage.

I don't wait for sex. If the woman is great company and pleasant, I don't view it as waiting. I always let them know I want them though, and will take things to the bed as fast as possible if there's a connection. These days, like some other male posters in the thread, I find it 50/50 as to who pushes first and fastest. Women in their mid 30s to mid 40s seem to be a horny lot these days, and I'm fine with that.

If we aren't having sex within two months of meeting, there's usually not potential there, but it's been so long since it took that long that I'm just hypothesizing.

Well I ask because there is this guy I have sort of been talking to for the past year, we mostly communicate through text and we've only seen each other 5 or 6 times....it's very casual. However, we've never had sex I mean I know he wants to but he never really pushes the matter (which I'm thankful for cause I don't think I'd feel comfortable sleeping with him just yet). When we do see each other, he holds my hand, puts his arm around me, hugs me, kisses me, but that's it. I guess I'm just puzzled as to why he really hasn't pushed for sex with me, is he waiting for me to make the move?

Honestly, if it is the right girl, I'd wait as long as needed. I have no problem finding girls and getting laid, trust me. That's not what I'm about though. I went through a phase where I enjoyed that. In my last relationship I asked the girl about 2 months into it and she said she wasn't ready. She is the type of girl that would wait until she got married. It was worth it to me b/c I loved her. I waited 4-1/2 years and she eventually broke things off with me.

Guys: How long would you wait for sex if

1. you really like the girl

2. she's just ok

Also take into account how desperate you are for sex..meaning if you are the type of guy who has no problem getting laid obviously unless you really like the girl you probably won't stick around too long. But if you are the type of guy who doesn't exactly have a line of girls waiting to go to bed with you, you probably would stick around longer.

1. until marriage

2. after I paid for the third dinner

If I'm really into the girl, absolutely....I will wait a while. However I find it's hard for me to commit to an exclusive relationship before having had sex (or at least been close to it). I can't work with the "commit to exclusivity and then begin sexual type interactions after." If I like her a lot I will wait for the actual act, but something else has to happen before we are exclusive. Anyone agree with this take?

Archived