Sigh...I am in a really tough situation right now. I don't even know how to figure this one out. Does anybody ever feel like drama just follows them?

Ok to start, I broke up with my boyfriend in the beginning of March. We were together for about 2 years, and I found him in bed with a stripper. The situation was bad, and it left me very depressed for the last 2 months. I could never be real happy.

So this weekend, I visited a friend's hometown with her where I have been many times before. I know her family and friends, and we all get along. Saturday night, we go out to the local bar and I was actually enjoying myself. It was the first time in a long time where I was just having fun, and it felt really good. So I see a guy who I think is cute who looks like one of the guys from American Idol. I ask him if anybody ever told him that, and he is like no. Then my friend's cousin chimes in and is like yeah you really do. So they start talking and she busts out her cell phone to show him. They talk for a bit, but I have no idea what went down. I was oblivious to their convo and just enjoying myself. So she leaves almost immediately after that convo to go home. When she leaves, this guy starts talking to my friend, and I eventually come into the conversation. Him and I really had a good convo, and I thought he was a nice guy. I was a little drunk, but I ended up hooking up with him.

So the next day, I find out my friend's cousin thought this guy was really cute and has a crush on him. And he apparently said he would cook her dinner. I really had no idea. And now everybody is mad at me because they think it was my fault. I honestly did not know any of this and now I am caught in this rift. I really don't want something like this to mess up our friendship, and I don't know what to do. She is pretty mad at me right now and told me it put a strain on our relationship. She is my best friend, and I don't want some stupid guy to ruin everything. Any advice?

You are not in the wrong. This guy shouldn't have made plans with your friend's cousin and then hooked up with you once she left. You should tell your friend that you didn't realise and that you're sorry. You should also make the point that the guy is in the wrong for hitting on the cousin, making plans, an then moving on and hitting on you. It sounds like it was pretty obvious that you were in the same social group at the bar, so he has no excuse.

Archived