Anybody ever send your ex a text with a past memory/inside joke

Well, my ex did that, but didn't really want to start a new relationship. He was just testing the waters and see if I'd see him again (and sleep with him). I don't know, the risk is that it sends out an ambiguous message, but it depends on who broke up with whom. If you broke up with the ex, I'd be more explicit in your intentions and just call them. If they broke up with you, I'd be more careful/guarded and not contact them at all.

Yeah my ex use to break NC by saying things like: "I was just going through my old text messages and came accross some from you" "I just heard 'our' song on the radio and thought of you"

Real pointless, childish stuff. I won't be rising to the bait this time.

I've done it with an e-mail -- not a text -- and it did nothing. He had already moved on to someone else very quickly, and he didn't even read it -- he deleted it.

It depends on a lot of things -- how long you've been broken up, who broke up with who, whether the other person already has someone else, etc.

A friend of mine's ex was sending him these "cute" texts for awhile after she left him -- referring to things they used to do, things they should have done when they were together (i.e. "We really should have gone skydiving when we had the opportunity." ) She had left him, and he was ANGRY. He finally wrote back something really sarcastic in response to one of the messages, and she stopped sending them.

If you're thinking of doing something like this, give it a lot of thought first. At the very least, it could get no response. At worst, it could make the situation worse.,

Plus if you dont get the response your hoping for, like your ex no longer find the inside joke funny, then you will just feel more bad. If i was you and you was wanting to reconnect, just send a short message saying something like it has been awhile, how are you?.

My ex from high school has no boundaries. We didn't talk for 4 years, but once me and my most recent ex broke up we became best friends. The friendship has slowly faded since that time (over the course of months). We don't talk all the time now, but we're not on bad terms. He'll occasionally send me a text with some memories in it. He has no boundaries and it's almost always ridiculous. I wonder how his new gf feels about that.

I have as a dumpee. He'd always joke about how terrible female drivers are and someone emailed me a video of the stupid things women do while driving so I forward it to him. He responded with a "See, I am right" but it didn't change anything and we are still broken up with very very LC to almost NC.

Archived