I dont really ever lose attraction

Zander

Its just that, it could be an ex-girlfriend or someone i had a thing with or slept with.. and although I move on and temporarily remove them from my head, if i see them or suddenly think about them i feel the same way i did when i was seeing them. So i've been going out with my girlfriend for nearly 2 years and when i see these other girls, on things like facebook or in public, i cant help but wish i was with them, all my feelings just return.

One of my worries is that this is because i don't really love my girlfriend in the end, but that is another issue all together.

Any thoughts or similar stories, this really worries me, I am probably one of those guys who could end up doing something stupid with their ex girlfriend at their own wedding. Although thats a slight exaggeration.

I agreee with Ghsot. If your with someone you really like and care about your glad and proud to be with them. You might find other people attractive but NOT wish you were with them. Break up with her if you dont think you can be faithful or try and understand and work on WHY you feel like this.

Yea i seriously don't seem to lose my feelings towards previous women, to the point that i feel if they rocked up to my doorway i would be helpless.

I think this is all connected though to other aspects of me, I find myself attracted to certain types of woman very easily and i fall for them just as easily. Then once i'm in a relationship with them i become very picky and unsatisfied with the deeper aspects of their personality or other things about them.

Mmm maybe i'm a mess lol.

Maybe you jump into quickly? And you should wait and see just what it is you like about them other than what your intitially attracted too?

Do you think it would be fairer to your gf to end things before youc cheat?

Perhaps you could go to counselling to get to the root of all this.

Jumping in too quickly is hard to put down as a problem because I never really lose attraction once i get it, I know if i left my girlfriend now I would be jealous and at times miss her during my next relationship.

I don't really understand counseling but i've always wondered about it. I think a lot and analyze a lot of things and i never have someone i can talk to about them. So i've actually always wondered if counsellings would be the kind of thing that would be good for me. lol

It could be normal and i'm just analyzing it to far, it could be that i'm just not that into my girlfriend. The gentleman who quoted the Grass Is Greener Syndrome (GIGS) sounds pretty spot on to me, I am just never happy with what i have, which is human.

What i need to struggle with now is if i'm not satisfied with my girlfriend will i ever be satisfied with any other girl.

See i don't really believe in this 'right girl' ideal, i've come to a conclusion that what really exists is 'closest thing to right girl' and once you find that you need to settle for some things you might not like, or try to adjust them.

Well i love some aspects of my girlfriend but others i don't love and although that so far sounds normal, problem is its like 50% of her that i don't like and 50% i do. Mmm is this discussion silly? lol I dont wanna drag it on.. but i cant help it! lol

Archived