How to be less needy--concrete tips needed please!

lady00

What I need the most is concrete tips. Like breathing exercises, affirmations, articles or books I should read--something concrete that I can do when I get that needy insecure feeling or when I get overly concerned about whether or not some guy likes me. I have a hard time processing those emotions and getting rid of them especially when I feel like I have no control over the outcome (whether or not that's true--it's more the feeling that is the problem because it's very uncomfortable). I have a full, busy life, lots of friends, family stuff going on (point being, I know that the best solution to this problem is to have a full life outside of dating but I need some extra help and tips of things I can do in addition to that and to calm myself down in the moment). Thanks!

I know it's not exactly what you asked for, but another option is to find someone who makes you feel secure about how they feel, and who isn't bothered by any needy traits...

Good advice from Bob. People with needy traits can benefit from hanging out with cool and highly confident people. They feel safe to be around .

there are two tricks for me: either do swimming or yoga which totally take your mind off everything but leaves you in state of relaxation

or watch a comedy: my choice is The Office : )

Too bad it's not nearly as good lately

I write. Even if the person is in the room with me...actually especially so. Like if I want some affection but they are being distant physically? Out comes the notepad and pen.

Out come the words. I don't write journal stuff, poetry and stories rather. It keeps me busy and usually they'll get closer because they start feeling like I am the distant one.

I write. Even if the person is in the room with me...actually especially so. Like if I want some affection but they are being distant physically? Out comes the notepad and pen.

Out come the words. I don't write journal stuff, poetry and stories rather. It keeps me busy and usually they'll get closer because they start feeling like I am the distant one.

Maybe they slide closer to take a look at what you are writing ?

I do at a similar trick with Sudoku when a woman comes over to visit..She feels the distance and it gets her hot in about 6 minutes flat....he he !

I am such a bad man .

Archived