Worst profile ever?? :)

skydiver00

In the past couple weeks ive fired off 15-20 emails/winks and getting no where..I know those arent impressive #'s and its a woman's market out there and all but wow. Ive really been trying the past couple months(similar email #'s), but living in a rather rural area ill be out of possibilites quick... Wouldve though I coulda got at least something...

Ive got 6 or 7 photos up: 2 or 3 of me snowmobiling,1 skydiving,1w/my nephew, 2 good self pics. Outside of 1 sled pic and my nephew im by myself. Id rather not post them here..I guess id email them if someone asked, but im about 6ft 150lbs, short brown hair...Im not a model, but I think ok..

Anyways here it is, what red flags am i sending??Keep in mind there are sub-boxs for hobbies,travel,job etc that I didnt include here..

Intro line-See what the country has to offer...

I’m a hard working man who devotes a lot of time into my profession. Sometimes that attention to my work causes me to be a bit narrow in my focus. I’m a work in progress and looking to find someone to get out with me more and try some new things together.

Ive always loved log home/cabins and hoping to buy or preferably build my own this yr. Unfortunately I lack much in the way of interior design/decorating so if you got that ability, pts for you!

Physical attraction is important, but there has to be more than just beauty. I’m looking for an intelligent, confident woman who can be casual and not fret about every little detail. Someone who also enjoys her own "me" time/activites on occasion. Spontaneity can be good and lead to some pleasant surprises. I tend to take life as it comes and find humor in any situation. I love to make those around me laugh even if it’s at my own expense. So a witty partner who can also make me laugh and throw it back at me sometimes is definitely a plus. I love being outside engaging in a variety of activities. Winter hands down is my favorite season. If you love the cold weather and a opportunity to play in the snow, then you’re a friend already.

Are you on match? Cause I've been on there for 12 days, I have sent out a total of 73 emails and have gotten 2 replies, one of which was telling me she wasn't interested. I feel your pain. Dating web sites are one of the biggest confidence destroyers on the planet for me. lol

Yea match.. Wow, on the 73 emails... Id have noone left to email in my area If I sent that many...lol Like i said previously I was never expecting this to give me loads of attention(which is ok) or dates but i kinda though at least a few...

Yeah, i'm in a huge city though (Houston). I'm fed up now. I'm about to take my profile down. I'm not an unattractive guy, I have great career goals, and a big heart. Guess these brawds are just idiots. I don't know. Your profile seems fine. The girls on this site are looking for Brad Pitt, that's all I can see it as being.

Why don't you guys try some of the free sites (pof, okcupid) before calling it quits? Wouldn't hurt.

Nah, I don't have any issues getting a girl. I just wanted to try another avenue instead of bars, clubs, etc. Although link removed has made me feel like total dog crap over the passed 2 weeks.

Nah, I don't have any issues getting a girl. I just wanted to try another avenue instead of bars, clubs, etc. Although link removed has made me feel like total dog crap over the passed 2 weeks.

Funny enough. I live in Houston as well (won't go into specifics) and yeah...its sometimes hard to meet decent people...everyone gets caught up in their own lives and business.

Funny enough. I live in Houston as well (won't go into specifics) and yeah...its sometimes hard to meet decent people...everyone gets caught up in their own lives and business.

I usually go out to Wild West and country dance on Saturday night. I have fun, it's laidback, not smokey, and the people there are great. I live in Katy, actually.

My guess is they might misinturrupt it and think your a single dad

I wondered about that..I mentioned in asub box how I love to hang out w/my nephew so I assumed(usually where it goes wrong) if they took a min to read the profile theyd put it together. Good possibility tho...

If your profile pics are anything like your Avatar pic on here then MEOW!!! I don't know why the ladies aren't pounding down your door.... No, seriously, it is tough. My friends and I have had lots of conversations about the online dating sites. The problem is that really all you have to go on are looks and a couple of paragraphs trying to sum up everything about you. Truth is, until you meet someone in person you have no idea if there is any chemistry. You know how sometimes you'll meet someone who is not real attractive, but you talk to them for a few minutes and they become gorgeous or the opposite, very attractive but superficial or dumb as a box of rocks.... Keep trying the online thing, but try (even though I know you are in a small community) to get out and join in a group of some sort. Even if it's a bunch of old guys playing Bingo, they might have a nice grand daughter your age. I also agree with everyone on the kid pics. Never a good idea.....

I had a hell of a time on match. I got rejected like a used car salesman at the gates of heaven! I do take horrible pictures though. I only met 2 women that it actually went anywhere. It wasn't unitl I completely changed my profile to something WAY out of the ordinary that I started to get attention. All of the profiles sound the same... I like candle lit dinners... long walks on the beach... yada yada. So I busted out with something to the effect of "I'm not into scaling mountains or snuggeling puppies, looks are important to me, so if your mom is the only one to tell you your cute then your not cute enough for me." No I am not actually that arogant and rude, I did it to see what would happen. What do you know I actually got way more responses. Still wasn't as successful as I was at the bars. I just got really tired of that whole bar scene. The funny thing was one girl that rejected me saw me out on three separate occasions with three different very attractive girls and she did a very obvious double take. It was hilarious, she probably thought match was working out for me...LOL

HAHA, you cant mess w/Alf...As for the bold I know what you mean. I tried the online thing a bit last summer and hit it off w/a girl but being new to it dragged the emails out too long(like 6 weekS) When we met and I just dried up and prolly seemed about as exciting as paint drying. I think I mightve recovered from it, if Id picked up on it then and changed our activity or something,instead of dragging it out..

Took my nephew pic off. Prolly shouldve clarified that somehow, guess I thought it would be a benefit...

So umm...I re-emailed this really hot girl on there and told her some sob story about me and she emailed me back. We're chatting now. I got a pity reply. lol

Haha, good for you...Was she concerned w/your story when she replied??

I had a hell of a time on match. I got rejected like a used car salesman at the gates of heaven! I do take horrible pictures though..

Thats a pretty good analogy really... Im terrible at pictures to, whenever I think im smiling i look like goon, bascially have to proof read and photos before i let them go anywheres...

Why don't you guys try some of the free sites (pof, okcupid) before calling it quits? Wouldn't hurt.

Ive searched through both of those and saw very little that caught my eye....I may throw somethingr back up on pof tho, there was 2 really worth contacting...

maybe get rid of the log cabins part. some reason i think that is a detail you can leave out.

LOL.

Well, you actually sound like someone who I'd get along with well in real life.

I don't think your profile is worst ever...oh, not by faaaaar!!

But I'll be honest here. When it comes to profiles, it's so easy to go into super-brutal-editor mode where you are seeing everything that could be wrong and hard to see what could be worth giving this person a chance.

It's rough going through profiles as a woman, and I've found online dating kind of harsh even on its own. Men can be equally brutal looking at a woman's profile and reading between lines to see things that are true at all for reality.

Guess cause all there is to go off of is an image that this person is portraying of themselves.

What I'm curious of is if I'm in the minority here in that when I want to speak with a man after seeing his profile, I contact him and I generally do not respond to initiated contact ? That is mainly due to not wanting to wade through a bunch of purposeless and mass contacts that aren't worth the time to read?

I don't know, it just grates me inside when men have pictures of children on their profile.

It may be a major no-no just for me though. Sorry.

Yes, I am not fond of childeren photos as well.

Yes please do, I had well was taking a break from online dating and I decided to try plenty of fish. This super attractive dude emailed my and now we are dating. Ican attest that he is not looking for booty, b/c we have been on 3 dates and he has tried nothing! haha

What I'm curious of is if I'm in the minority here in that when I want to speak with a man after seeing his profile, I contact him and I generally do not respond to initiated contact ? That is mainly due to not wanting to wade through a bunch of purposeless and mass contacts that aren't worth the time to read?

Well I try to respond to everyone.

Archived