THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Day 27

I'll try to make this quick since I'm tired lol. Today I went to buy some groceries. After I got home, I went to the gym. Then I went to play my new video game I bought for myself. I've been on that for a while now lol. I love that game.

As for my ex, I thought about her like usual, nothing new. At times, I miss her so much, but I'm living my life right now. I'm not ready to see her or talk to her yet.

Day 15. Sundays are always just blah for me. Not knowing what you are doing/feeling literally drives me crazy, but I'm getting better.

Today's Horoscope: Devote the day to your children or partner, Sagittarius. You may protest that it's too hard to find the time to give them the attention they deserve. You don't have time for yourself, much less anyone else. In any case, you will probably feel torn between what is expected of you and what you feel you can realistically give. If you want to dispel the inner tension, take care in the choices you make in the next few weeks.

Day 1

It's been 3 weeks since we broke up. He blindsided me, everything seemed great. The longest I was able to stay NC was 6 days and then he contacted me. Last night we texted back and forth. It was like he was his happy, old self again. He's making travel plans for the future and seems happy to be single. That was a wake-up call. I don't understand how he could just walk away from everything and bounce right back like everything's fine. But he is and I need to get over him. There is no hope of reconciliation. He is happy...I want to be happy again too and I need to give up on hope and let him so. So...day 1 of NC.

Ok, this is starting for real now. I can't be dealing with the pain over and over again, only to be suckered into believing that he wants to talk. He only wants to talk when HE'S upset. When I'm upset, he doesn't seem to care. He ignores me. So therefore: this is the start of Day 1.

And I'm going on a trip from today to Sunday. So hopefully it will be a good time!

Day 5.

I miss him so much. I know he's right and we totally do need time before being together...but man, I miss him. I love him. He's my best friend. But I have to stop expecting him to contact me, and I am trying to do what I can to improve myself. But this is so hard.

Day 16.

Talk about a roller coaster of emotions.

I woke up. First thought, my ex. Been that way for over 2.5 years now. Damn. Went to work. Felt pretty good all day. Came home before class. Felt like crap. Went to class. Actually spent a lot of time helping others tonight. I always feel 10x better when I felt someone in need. Whether that's on ENA, my classes, at work, where ever. I feel like my place in life is to help others. To serve as a warning, a person that will steer others in the right direction. When my time is up, I walk away feeling satisfied.

Today's Horoscope All dissatisfaction will be abolished today as you systematically confront and resolve all the little problems that have been bothering you. Your tolerance threshold is low to nonexistent. Give a wide berth to friends who have been irritating lately. Your wardrobe improves dramatically as you discard all those clothes that don't fit or no longer suit you

This Week Don't let idealism blind you to reality, Centaur! On Monday Mars in Sagittarius is square Jupiter. You'll misjudge a certain situation. Listen to your inner guide on Wednesday. You may have a flash of insight regarding a dilemma. Be sure all doors and windows are locked when leaving the house on Friday. Take extra safety precautions if traveling. A burst of enthusiasm will hit you on Sunday. The New Moon takes place in Sagittarius. You'll dance to an upbeat tempo!

Day 8

Well today kind of sucked again, just looking at my phone all day to see if he would call. I just had a baby in September so I´m not working yet and I have lots of time to think about him. But oh well I´m still hoping that it will all be better soon. However I think December will be hard because of the Holidays, our sons first Christmas and he will not be a part of it, he´s LAME but I love him.

End of Day 33

For the first time I am determined to go all the way, do what it takes to forget and move on... all it takes, even if it means NC forever. On Wednesday it will be 15 months since we haven't seen each other and since the break up. Enough is enough. This has to end as soon as possible. I waited much longer than I should have, I was much more faithful than I should have, I mourned much more than I should have. I really hope this time I will be able to make it - I do not want to start all over again, I am too tired of that. I just want to be free from him - and I don't even know if it is even possible because I have not been free from him since I met him - that is almost 8 and a half years. Wow. But I gave all I could and fought as much as I could. I really need to go on now..

Day 29

It's kinda interesting to read peoples stories. Well anyways, I had a good day at work today. A "new guy" came in at work today and I had to show him around the ship and we just talked about the Navy itself. He's a good guy and we have some things in common so I look forward to working with this new guy.

My ex... I hope you're doing good. I hope college is treating you well. Stay strong.

Ok... This is day 5 for me.

I fell like crap, I can't stop thinking about him and who is with? After 5 years and a child together, I keep thinking surely he'll be back. After all he has done this before (6 months apart but contact) and realised he made a mistake!!!

Does NC really work????

Someone advise pls I'm cracking up!!

Day 6.

I keep expecting him to text me. But I'm just not sure anymore. He is literally on my mind ALL DAY. It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through a rollercoaster of emotion every day, every hour in fact. I still have hope for reconciliation sometime, but I know I can't focus or dwell on that. Unfortunately. Well, I know my ex (still sounds so weird to say =/) told me he has the whole "rollercoaster of emotion" feeling too. Though I'm sure not to the extent that I go through it. Anyway, the longest we've gone NC is a week [that was the day we broke up until exactly a week later] and I'm approaching that tomorrow. Who knows what'll happen....but I'm afraid. I'm not sure if this is supposed to get easier to deal with...I feel like it'll just get harder. A week seems like eternity when I don't have my best friend & love around. Sucks a lot.

Day 17.

December already, huh?

I'm starting to feel sick. Yuck. I have a final tomorrow night and need to finish off this project now.

Today's Horoscope Communication with others could be extremely rewarding, Sagittarius, especially later in the day. Project more of your energy outward and join others in projects that you might otherwise try to tackle on your own. Things should flow smoothly as long as you take a lighthearted, optimistic approach. Move forward with projects instead of just contemplating their completion.

Day 30

Ok, today was a extremely tough day to get through. It was her birthday today. It was so hard to try and not think about her having a great time. I missed her so much today. I wanted to tell her happy birthday but I can't, I can't do that. I have to stay strong and commit to this. I hope she had a great time with her family, I really hope so.

To my ex: I know you will never see this, so I'm going to get this out of my heart. I'm happy for you today. I hope you and you're family are having a great time today for your birthday. I miss you so much babe. I really wish I could be there right now, but I can't. I have to be a stronger person. I need this for myself. Happy birthday babe and sweet dreams k? I hope somehow God can deliver this message to you.

Sigh... I'm glad this day is over. This is definitely a tough one to swallow.

I broke two months of no contact last night.

I emailed the ex for her birthday. She is is still in India and I don't expect to get a response anytime soon. I feel strong and have mostly fond feelings toward everything.

Strangely enough, my first prominent negative feelings in weeks came after I sent the note. It has set me back a little, but I think in the long run it will actually help me move on even further. I miss what we once had and I'm just frustrated that she strung me along.

I assume it is over. Even if she actually wanted to reconcile after this period of reflection that she has taken, I wouldn't want her back unless she acted just so. I'm not sure how much healing I need anymore either, my instincts are strong. So this might be my last visit to the forum unless my situation changes for better or for worse.

Day 7. Wow a week already...I know it doesn't seem like a long time, but to me it is. We've never gone more than a week without talking, even after the breakup. I'm afraid he really is trying to forget about me for now. And that hurts. Ah I really don't want to think about that...but it is very much possible.

To ex: I miss you babe. So so much. I can't go a day or an hour or even a minute without thinking of you. I know you still think of me. My question to you is: what happeneddd to you? Why did you suddenly disappear? Am I really not that important to you?

I guess ill try writing something that I would like to say to my ex if I had the chance.

Hi &*?+

I hope you are doing well. I have been so concerned about you. I hope you have been taking care of yourself. I know how hard it is to watch a family member slowly pass. I wish there is something I could so to ease your suffering. I can't express how much I miss you. I am so very sorry for what you must go through at this time. I am so very sorry. I hope you are eating well and taking good care of yourself. Tell your sister that I said hello and that I think of her often. I just don't know what to say. I have felt guilty for not being there for you both. I also feel guilty for allowing myself to grow past "us". I just could do on any further worrying about all of this. It was.just not healthy.for me to hold on.

I want to thank you for our time together. It's a time I will never forget. I hope you are finding all that you need in your life. You are.such a wonderful person I do wish you the very best.

%&$$

Over 2 months now and I am doing fine. I no longer feel the viseral reactions when I think of her or us. I so find myself smiling though. She deserves all the good things. I hope she find peace and shelter from grief.