THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

however i feel that right now being on the forum is helpful, its way to vent about your feelings and connect with people who feel the same way you do.

so i think as long as your not prolonging the healing process or making a sad/depressing day worse by staying on the forum and focusing on the break up only.

I agree. It makes me feel actually 'Not Alone'. And this forum brought a smile in my face today after reading something in another thread.

"I still hope he might, someday, get in touch with me (but am realistic enough to know pigs will fly before this happens)

I dread bumping into him one day (i'm thinking pretending he is invisible is the best way to go)"

I WILL AWAKE TOMORROW AND BE HAPPY BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO WASTE CRYING.

day 1 (again)

I write my diary daily on the computer, and when the file gets too big, I send it off on the internet to have it printed and bound as a book. My life has been very eventful the last year, so this has happened with greater than usual frequency. Volume Four covers late December to a couple of weeks after the break-up, and arrived this morning. I was already feeling miserable - reading it has only made me worse. She really opened herself up to me - I knew her so well - how could such a good thing come to an end? Will she ever realise that she's made a mistake?

My sister thanked me this weekend for the book I got her for Christmas. My ex chose it for me, as something my sis would love, when I was struggling to find a present. Another thing to remind me.

I hope she calls tonight. I need to talk to her.

Day 28

So my barber actually spoke w/ her on the phone yesterday. He said she sounded a little aggravated when he asked for me. He thought it was maybe a new girl in my life answering my phone.

I've chosen not to respond to this text either. It's nothing more than her way of saying "hey don't forget about me". She really didn't even have to send it, it's frustrating. It's brought her back into the forefront of my mind.

Day 10:

The morning and afternoon was pretty good and busy. Worked solid 4 hours. Sounds weird right. But 4 hours work means a lot to me at this stage. Wanted to make it 6 hours. Then I got all hyperactive and took the bus back home. It was just all of a sudden. From my dept to my home is a 5-6 minutes bus ride. That 5-6 minute bus ride was all I need to start crying again. That was the time, my mind was not preoccupied with work. Wanted to cry but couldn't cry also. Its the little details which reminds you of your ex. Like watching a couple holding hands, watching a movie, reading a news article. So I was taking time off and read this news article in BBC today. Men lies more than women in UK according to one study. My ex always used to tell me women tell more lies. Just wanted to have a little fun with him by sending this article. But I didn't. That was the end of my days work today.

So my resolution for the rest of the whatever left day. Do 2 more hours of work before I finally give it a rest.

But you guys are all awesome. I wish I had known about this forum earlier.

I guess I'll give this a try. I broke up with her and she hates me. There's been no contact other than a very brief email from her which was pretty rude and cold. I have tried to make my intentions clear to her but she does not respond to my texts, emails, or calls.

We'll go ahead and call this Day #1. I do get pissed with each day that passes without the courtesy of a response. It's been 4 weeks since the last time we actually talked and even that was not a mature adult conversation where we parted amicably because of some screwy circumstances. I told her in my most recent correspondence that I can't control how she feels or thinks but that I do not understand her sheer rage, hatred, and bitterness especially when she knows exactly what she did wrong to get me to break up with her in the first place.

How sad for her actually to be carrying around that much hate. I don't get it.

well breakingheart i'm currently a dumpee, so ill try to give you her perspective. i'm not saying what she's doing is wrong or right, just trying to give you insight. even though she was acting wrong, she was still blindsided by the break-up. unless you told her what your problems and issues were and she did nothing to change her behavior.

if she was blindsided there's hurt on her end, about not being told what was wrong and you just ending it. like you said you can't control her feelings, she feels how she feels and that's her business not yours. you need to do what is necessary for you to move on and be a happy healthy person.

you must understand that she is hurting just as you are and that you both need space to heal and grow. after a break-up people go through an emotional roller coaster and you just need to let her ride it out.

maybe sometime in the far future you might be able to re-connect and be friends or just be civil to each other.

About 3 weeks, so I'll say 24 day:

To the men out there, does it absolutley drive you crazy when you remember having sex with your ex? It's so hard for me not to think about it, it was so good. Her feel and touch was mindblowing. It hurts I'll never have that again, or thats what I'm thinking now.

exchange, women think about it too, i think of the way he used to hold me and how good it would feel to be in arms, and to hold hands and cuddle.........we all suffer the memories

I do apologize for my ignorance then. Those memories are killing me, I wish I could erase them. They really are no good to me.

I miss her soo bad right now. Im really depressed today but its been building up. I've been on several dates, made out with some good looking girls, spent a lot of time with friends and I lost weight and got some muscles. I keep forcing myself to think everythings going to be ok but its not working. One thing I didn't mention was I was driving on a back road and I just swerved infront of a simi, I know my fiberglass camaro would not be a match against an 18 wheeler. I dont know whats wrong with me and why I cant get over her. 6 months since our break up and im not a bit better than the day we broke up. I keep thinking about going to KY and shooting myself, noone would ever find me in the hills and she wouldn't ever know, so it wouldn't hurt her. I keep listening to lady antebellum "need you now" and Saliva "Rest In Pieces"

Ok. No more LC. She had nothing she wanted to tell me. She doesn't want to talk to me any more (so much for "I've enjoyed talking to you again") and I'm pissed off.

Full on No Contact starts here. Let the healing begin.

Doesn't mean I don't still want her back. Doesn't mean I'm not still totally f*d up and crying over the memories. Just means there's no good in talking to her any more.

Day 1.

2 weeks broken up. The day after I moved out, she texted me to tell me how much she hates me for taking the the sofa and the bed. I know she's been seeing someone else, if you find other posts by me you'll see all the details. Basically ended with us both saying we never wanted to see eachother again..

4 days later, I was in a really bad mood and decided to shoot off a text or two telling her how I feel, I'd had the infidelity confirmed by a third party who also made me see how long it had been going on...

For some bizaare reason I still miss her and want to see her don't ask me why...

That takes us to last night. I know she has an important personal event coming up and I texted her to wish her all the best...again I don't know why..

So today is day one. I will post every day .Good luck fellow NC'ers

Day 11:

I think I am going to move myself from 'getting back together' to 'healing after breakup or divorce' thread. Don't know why, I don't want him anymore in my life. I do not hate him. I still have a very soft spot for him. He is one of the best thing that happened to me in my life. I will let go of him now. I will let go. If I stay in this thread, I will keep hoping and hoping. And somehow I feel I am giving myself false hope and prolonging the NO MOVING on period. But I will keep NC on. I have no intention of contacting him now. I have never broken a NC. I have kept NC with my first ex for past 4 years. He tried to contact me so many times through different ways. I was over him so I didn't want to have anything else with him ever. With my second boyfriend I was the dumper and I am so happy I was the dumper. Because he was physically and mentally abusive. He actually started stalking me after we broke up. It scared me so much. I have kept NC with him for 2 years now.

This is my third long term relationship and I somehow do not hate him for dumping me. I am not saying this because I blame myself for the breakup. I think both were equally responsible for this break up. Also long distance was a big factor. I tried to find the bad memories with him and couldn't find anything that would make me hate him. I don't know how I will get over him. But I will. I want him to be happy and peaceful and I wish the same for myself. I wish you all good luck. If I come back to this thread again, that means I am hoping that 'pigs will fly one day and fish will ride bicycle someday'.