THE NO CONTACT CHALLENGE, Part 2

Ekips and imjgh:

Thank you for your words. Its amazing isn't it ... how much of our time they still monopolise. Love is so unpredictable but I dont see why it has to be? There is no logic in love and I'm finding it hard to make sense of it all. I know I will get through this tho and so will everyone one else on here. It will be touch but, hey, we have ENA - it has helped me heaps. And I really do believe that everything happens for a reason.

We just got to keep on moving forwards.

you take care and hang in there jelly.

Week 4 Day 5.

Proud of myself. Easy? NOOOOOO. But worth it? YES. NC is indeed very valuable, and for me at this point in time. I feel dignity creeping back in and control. I miss him more everyday and sometimes the pangs to contact him is unbearable. But the more I resist, the more I know I can beat this whatever the outcome will be. Thank you all for suggesting NC here. And I am glad to have avoided the restraining order. LOL Just a late night, off color joke.

I'm losing track tbh

think it's Day 41

Can't wait till my ex bf goes on holiday (for 3 months) in mid June then I go the gym and our clubs without worrying about bumping into him! Just 1 more month then I'm free, wish he'd stay there forever!

you take care and hang in there jelly.

Hi imjgh, thank you, I will. I know I keep saying this but the support here on ENA has been amazing and I am sure it is what is carrying me through these difficult times.

Day 20

I was sad this morning, as I am every morning. He is still constantly on my mind but the tears are drying up and as the day goes on I begin to feel better. Certain reminders of him, be it a song or my 3 year old talking about him, can still feel like a knife through my heart but I think I get over these feelings quicker. I am laughing with my children again. By the time I go to bed I am feeling positive about the future and I am sleeping well.

They may be small steps but I am nevertheless moving forward.

Hi imjgh, thank you, I will. I know I keep saying this but the support here on ENA has been amazing and I am sure it is what is carrying me through these difficult times.

Day 20

I was sad this morning, as I am every morning. He is still constantly on my mind but the tears are drying up and as the day goes on I begin to feel better. Certain reminders of him, be it a song or my 3 year old talking about him, can still feel like a knife through my heart but I think I get over these feelings quicker. I am laughing with my children again. By the time I go to bed I am feeling positive about the future and I am sleeping well.

They may be small steps but I am nevertheless moving forward.

Hi Jellybaby, I was having a bad day yesterday.

I've highlighted my fave bit from your post, and it makes a lot of sense to me. As long as your moving forward, no matter how slowly, it's progress and thats good. I might print it out and stick in on the wall

Hope your having a good day

Hi Jellybaby, I was having a bad day yesterday.

I've highlighted my fave bit from your post, and it makes a lot of sense to me. As long as your moving forward, no matter how slowly, it's progress and thats good. I might print it out and stick in on the wall

Hope your having a good day

Hi Cat, its not too bad considering ....

Hope you are having a better day than yesterday.

I love your signature, btw. Isn't that what the "weebles" used to do? "Weebles wobble but they dont fall down". Thats what we are "weebles"!!! We aint gonna fall down - not this time!!!

Hi Cat, its not too bad considering ....

Hope you are having a better day than yesterday.

I love your signature, btw. Isn't that what the "weebles" used to do? "Weebles wobble but they dont fall down". Thats what we are "weebles"!!! We aint gonna fall down - not this time!!!

Yep, I'm a weeble (maybe we shouldn't say that to too many people, we might get some funny looks).

I am having a much better day thanks.

Day 15

It was a sad morning. I dreamed about him last night. This is the first morning I haven't cried. I just miss him terribly.

congrats cat76. You came out of it unscathed like I knew you would!! If you guys can do this, so can I.

Day 15

It was a sad morning. I dreamed about him last night. This is the first morning I haven't cried. I just miss him terribly.

congrats cat76. You came out of it unscathed like I knew you would!! If you guys can do this, so can I.

You can do it, you will do it and you will come out a much better person for it. Hang on in there!!

Day 15

Thanks Ekips.

I've bolded the important bit. It is progress. Keep up the good work and we'll be here to support you when you have a bad day.

jellybelly41 and cat76,

Thank you. You guys kick butt.. I started to feel sad again, but I came on to the eNA and I'm reminded that I am not the only one that feels this way. The support/advice/stories in these forums are amazing and so real (I thought I was the ONLY one feeling this type of pain) ....... I'm inspired everyday. Best.

jellybelly41 and cat76,

Thank you. You guys kick butt.. I started to feel sad again, but I came on to the eNA and I'm reminded that I am not the only one that feels this way. The support/advice/stories in these forums are amazing and so real (I thought I was the ONLY one feeling this type of pain) ....... I'm inspired everyday. Best.

Believe me you are not the only one and I agree, I have found such strength and inspiration from ENA too. I am so glad I found it and everyone on it!!

You can do it, you will do it and you will come out a much better person for it. Hang on in there!!

all of you have helped me out and i appreciate it very much.

i find i can fell a certain way and 3 hours later for no reason what so ever i can feel my mood change. today is a prime example....

i don't know why, i guess the only constant is the way our emotions change, both for the better and the worse.

i have 10 days more of this before i get some answers and good or bad at least i'll have a few answers. i suspect there might be yet another nc period and this time it might be permanent but i'll wait till i know more and be more sure.

the one thing i know is that i have really come to look forward from hearing from you, to hear the kindness some of you have sent my way. i hope i can be there for you as well...

life does go on...

Day 7 and I dropped off the rest of his stuff at his dad's house today. He won't be back into the country for another 2 weeks so he wasn't there. I ran out of there so fast before anyone saw the water works. Now I feel good. A huge weight off my shoulders. I am definitely on the road to recovery. I still miss him, but I am having peace with it all.

day 7 since she last texted me...other than birthday texts its been like 40+ days. miss her like crazy. she really sucks right now though, saw pictures of her at the beach with her new guy. not happy.

oh well, i deserve better. ya i loved her very much and want her back and am feeling very lonely but doing ok i guess. her best friend (who im not really good friends with) called me today because we were going to the same graduation party and she wanted someone to go with so i spent the afternoon with her. i looked great, acted happy, didnt say one word about the ex. so guess thats good because im sure it will get back to her. but i guess it doesnt really matter.

Day 47

I cried the last two days. Stupid ex decided to subtly reappear back into my life. I thought I was doing well. I relapsed, I guess you could say. I wasn't bawling my eyes out, but I felt empty and sad on the inside...

13 days till I have made 2 months of NC. I'm excited!