Hey all. Back in the late spring/early summer time I came accross a girl online whom I had a bit of a on crush in hs..I was surprised to see her on there

honestly.W/her looks and what I remember of her personally she should have little trouble. Anyway I sent of a message and she didn't immediately recognize me(no surprise I had plenty of friends but I wasn't overly social outside school) She picked up who I was and we exchanged a handful of messages and I perhaps made the mistake of telling her I had a small crush back then and asked to casually get together for drinks sometimes. She had just moved to a new place and was busy w/all that attm. Her email to me was our last contact, i most likely should've responded to some extent but my work weeks were cranking up for the season(70-90hrs) and I was pursuing other options and just kinda forgot...

My other interests ran dry awhile ago and I see her still active and tempted to try and get her to drinks once more...Our profiles compliment pretty good and each have things we want or to do that the other has or done.Honestly I think Ive got a great chance if we were to meet back up.. Hmm how often do you hear that?

Im having trouble w/how I want to word it... I really just want to be like "Hey, surprised to still see you on here...No luck? You know my offer for drinks

sometimes still stands...". I'm thinking this is too direct/insistent given the lack of any recent communication? Or wouldn't you let this bother you? I dont want to get into just regular conversation that leads no where either tho..

Thanks...

First post btw, lots of good reading to be had for a normal, decently attractive,somewhat introverted, limited dating and sexually lacking 24 yr old male whose trying to 180 his social life..

"Hey, surprised to still see you on here...No luck? You know my offer for drinks

sometimes still stands...".

I think that would come accross as insulting. How about the following:

"Hi X, haven't been in touch for a while..hope you are doing well and settled in well at your new place. I know it has been a year and we never did meet up for drinks as we both got busy. Perhaps we can meet up for a drink some time soon?"

Or something like that. Make it pleasant, showing that you remember certain things about her and your previous discussions.

I really just want to be like "Hey, surprised to still see you on here...No luck? You know my offer for drinks

sometimes still stands...". I'm thinking this is too direct/insistent given the lack of any recent communication? Or wouldn't you let this bother you? I dont want to get into just regular conversation that leads no where either tho..

No- don't say this. I agree with CAD- this sounds very insulting. Just ask her out, and this time follow through.

Yea, she mentions a few things shed like if she was to find someone but its not overly specific. Some of her interests/likes or wants to due, somewhat involve my job or activites that i do and vice versa a bit.

Given what we filled out the site indicates that we are 95% compatible but I take that w/two big grains of salt...

What i would do is copy the section about the guy she is looking for and paste it into your message. Under it write, so any luck finding this guy? when she responds just be playful with her.

you better stop scaring them all away!;-) (smiley faces are important) Then ask her a question.

So what if you got a message from the "one". What are 3 things you would want him to know about you?

Off you go...

She kinda has it spread throughout her profile but I like that idea and might work of it somehow... working on getting a newer pic of myself up attm. Not specifically for this girl as my current one has been around for a few months so time to change...

ps- Read some of your other posts, youve got alot of good info/advice imo...

Ill be sure to post how it goes...As for pics, ive got a pic up of me skydiving (well its a shot of my legs& parachute) that I did two months after we talked. But it is something she wants to do and I plan to do again this summer. I have a couple snowmobile actions shots from the rockies, my nephew and I, and a couple of just me...

So im waiting for my new photo to load but here's what im thinking... Bit unsure how I wanted to word the end. I kinda didnt want to look like I was pushing it/desperate by right asking again. This seemed a bit more relaxed and friendly?? But what I got seems a bit short, but all I got before writer's block kicked in...

Hey ___ How have things been? Apartment living been good? Im actually going to look at a house here in the next week or so I hope, which i'm excited about. Highly recommend the skydiving; I did it last summer and cant wait to go again this summer! Anyways, my offer for drinks still stands. Talk to you soon.- Me

Nothing but crickets attm.. it was at least a few days before I heard from her when I first contacted her way back, perhaps trying to figure out who I was. Maybe she forgot again we only had some common friends back in the day(6-7yrs) but never interacted... I still think ill get a response at some pt, but dont know if itll be what Id like....

Archived