Accents!

Mr SIBLEY

Everyone has an accent!

love Quebecois accents... yummy!

Some English accents are better than others... some not so much. My mum has one as do most of my relatives and I had one as a kid, so often when I'm speaking to an English person I don't even realise it.

some accents I find less appealing but won't say because i don't want to offend!

What about russian accents on guys? Or spanish accents on guys? Not like so thick that you can barely tell that it's english, though, but very subtle. For some reason I've been told like I've got either one of those, LOL. Or that I've just got a strange accent, but that's maybe because I live on the south now, cause when I used to live up north nobody asked about my accent ever.

I'm Irish and have one of those. There are lots of Irish accents and none of them sound like the simpsons irish, Lucky charms or Danny Kaye.

I've driven around the USA and i'm generally asked what part of Germany I come from. (I don't have red curly hair) Though one woman in Arizona got my accent doen to within 100 miles of my front door. That was very impressive i thought. She had an excellent ear.

British Accents - shudder

Australian - Pretty cool

Irish - All Time Champ

New York - Fun

South United States - good when sophisticated, bad when hick

Southern California - ggggggggrrryyyaaaAAAHHHHH!!!

Russian - Awesome

German - hilarious

French - dead sexy

Spanish - dig it

Italian - a lot of fun

Latin American - not a fan, for the most part

Chinese - hard for me to understand, so, frustrating

Japanese - So cool

Indian - endearing

and, uh, obviously this is when speaking the English language. Yeah, I've thought a lot about this.

Canadians say words like "about" ("aboot") gets on my nerves

I live in Canada, and I don't know anyone who says "aboot" I don't think it's very common, at least not where i am lol.

ps* I don't think there's anything wrong with saying it that way; but i just don't hear it around where i live. Just wanted to clarify

British can cover England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All 4 countries have totally different accents and within each country there is an obvious difference too!

People are being too broad when they say "British" because that really isn't an accent to be honest.

And just a mini rant but ENGLAND is not BRITAIN!

Quite a lot of people in the UK dislike english accents because they are very annoying sometimes.

hk87

*I do not mean to offend anyone!

Archived