Accents!

Mr SIBLEY

British can cover England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. All 4 countries have totally different accents and within each country there is an obvious difference too!

People are being too broad when they say "British" because that really isn't an accent to be honest.

And just a mini rant but ENGLAND is not BRITAIN!

Quite a lot of people in the UK dislike english accents because they are very annoying sometimes.

hk87

*I do not mean to offend anyone!

When I say I like British accents. I pretty much count all of the islands and the dialects.

I live in Canada, and I don't know anyone who says "aboot" I don't think it's very common, at least not where i am lol.

ps* I don't think there's anything wrong with saying it that way; but i just don't hear it around where i live. Just wanted to clarify

same here, i've never heard it. maybe in the smaller towns.

although people DO say "eh".

i like a bit of the NY/NJ accent...not a heavy one...but a perfect example would be the blond-haired guy on CSI: NY (this guy: ). he sounds nice.

i'm not much into the english accent although i do like some european ones.

I love american accents especially in a guy it makes me go WOW lol irish accents are cute too i'm just not kean on my accent which is british :s lol

And which British accent do you have as "british" does not classify as an accent.

hk87

I love american accents especially in a guy it makes me go WOW lol irish accents are cute too i'm just not kean on my accent which is british :s lol

I like most american accents.

I think upper class southerner is really cute.

Texan is a cool accent.

Brooklyn, Chicago, and Boston are also cool accents.

And, frankly, the yupper accent is just plain adorable.

Archived