So...we decided to take a break...

jengh

Aww sweetness, sorry you are feeling so down and sad. LDR's are hard on people...they take a lot of patience and tenacity that not eveyrone has to give or if they do they just can't do it longterm.

Hang in there kiddo. If the distance was really causing so many problems this might be for the best even tho it hurts like hell.

Please let me know if you ever need an ear....

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know......... i don't know what to do... my anxiety is going through the roof...

he says he can picture us long-term together, but if he's not willing to consider me moving out there... I just... don't know

I don't know what to do with myself

I don't know, I don't know, I don't know......... i don't know what to do... my anxiety is going through the roof...

he says he can picture us long-term together, but if he's not willing to consider me moving out there... I just... don't know

I don't know what to do with myself

Take a lot of deep breaths, thru the nose and out thru the mouth. Calm yourself. Then try to do something else other than think about this right now. You won't find an answer in the next few hours so try to keep your mind on smoething else if you can. Go out with a friend or do something you enjoy. Try to practice the art of distraction for now.

There will be plenty of time to figure it all out but right now you are anxious and stressing and it will continue to escalate if you don't do some stress relieving activities like some deep breathing and distraction.

Hang in there.

I've texted every one of my friends and no one has gotten back to me...

I have nothing whatsoever to distract myself. Just me and my thoughts.

He hasn't sent me ONE text all day... apparently he's doing better than I am... I know we said we'd take a break but I really thought he'd crack first.

I've texted every one of my friends and no one has gotten back to me...

I have nothing whatsoever to distract myself. Just me and my thoughts.

He hasn't sent me ONE text all day... apparently he's doing better than I am... I know we said we'd take a break but I really thought he'd crack first.

Ah but here is the problem with this mindset. Everyone reacts to stress differently. Some people are cave dwellers in the area of emotion and when they are hurt they withdrawal and the way of coping is to avoid the person that hurt them. it is very possible this is what he is doing and the avoidance is NOT proof of him not hurting a great deal.

A lot of men, and even some women, handle conflict inwardly. You are like me, you handle it outwardly and you don't like not finding closure to a conversation or fixing the issue so you get anxious and stress out trying to get it all together. Just realize that his coping mechanism is different and trust me, if you give him a lot of space if there is hope of fixing this it will happen much quicker.

2836897]i mean, we talk a LOT... calls me on his way to work in the morning and we either text or IM all day while he's at work... then, text while I'm in class... talk when I get out and talk at night....

My SO and I talk a LOT too, but during times of conflict he withdrawals. In the beginning that flipped me out but as i began to realize this was his coping mechanism i began to give him a lot of space and ironically the conflict duration grew shorter and shorter over time and he needed far less space.

Ah but here is the problem with this mindset. Everyone reacts to stress differently. Some people are cave dwellers in the area of emotion and when they are hurt they withdrawal and the way of coping is to avoid the person that hurt them. it is very possible this is what he is doing and the avoidance is NOT proof of him not hurting a great deal.

A lot of men, and even some women, handle conflict inwardly. You are like me, you handle it outwardly and you don't like not finding closure to a conversation or fixing the issue so you get anxious and stress out trying to get it all together. Just realize that his coping mechanism is different and trust me, if you give him a lot of space if there is hope of fixing this it will happen much quicker.

that's how he is, as you say--cave dweller... NEVER talks about emotions or how he's feeling. he's always been like that so I don't know why I'm all of a sudden hoping for something else today.

gahhh.

My SO and I talk a LOT too, but during times of conflict he withdrawals. In the beginning that flipped me out but as i began to realize this was his coping mechanism i began to give him a lot of space and ironically the conflict duration grew shorter and shorter over time and he needed far less space.

yeah, that makes perfect sense... I'm just not good at waiting...I'm VERY impatient.

good post.

i am like u too from what u discribe.. i need closure so i dont feel so anxious.. i mean sure i can distract myself but for instance as soon as i get off work and am alone.. damn.. it sucks again.

for me i also dont really get how people can just "go into their cave" and see 200% OKAY with not even speaking to me.. seriously. ](*,)

i know it's their way.. i'm just saying i think i would need to be in their shoes to really truly GET IT. the only time i can fully retract and NC.

btw,, cairo.. when where u guys next supposed to visit before all this?

I'm very impatient too Jenny, and I freak out easily too. I wish I could say something to help. Know that while you feel this bad, he must be missing you too.

thanks... I hope so...

just signed onto my instant messenger and his status is "about f****** time". hmm.

Hi Cairo,

Sorry to hear about the break, but I do think it seems lik it's for the best at the moment. I actually agree very much with TOV, and BeStrongBeHappy posts about your bf and possibly his pov on the relationship.

I know you're going stir crazy with the silence right now(I handle conflict the same way--super impatient)but I have managed to get better with that by focusing my thoughts on more specific tasks..narrowing my thoughts, so to speak. Essentially, maybe you should try focusing less on the actual 'missing' him and think more about what exactly you want to say to him when you do speak again. Where do you want to pick up? Shooting the breeze about the weather and other irrelevant stuff will be kinda pointless, because there is such a bigger matter at hand you know? If some of the points TOV and BSBH have mentioned, really bother you, I would suggest going back over their posts, and using those questions as starting points to the future convo you have with him....you don't want to get caught up in just being so excited to hear from again, and having meaningless communication. There are some BIG issues here that need addressing SOONER rather then later, imo.

thanks sabreen. i agree about there being major issues that need to be worked out before things can continue on.

I don't know... we didn't talk AT ALL yesterday (I slipped up and texted him Monday night). I was kinda hoping he'd be the one to slip up.

I'm feeling a little bit better today...

Man, it was a long read.

Jenny, did you think about what you are going to do in this relationship? Do you have a POA or you just wanna go with the flow or wherever he takes you or just maintain the status quo?

I think you are going thru a phase of relationship when you ask questions about everything. Considering the LDR and how he is behaving, may be it is the right time to find some answers.

Stay strong and good luck!!!

Archived