Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Second sub-chapter of my book "Hell's Captive"

Rose21

Mallory awoke in disarray, as she frantically scanned the contents of the dark, damp room. Glancing down, she noticed that both her hands and feet were bound in thick ropes. Where was she, what was going to happen to her? She asked herself silently, afraid of the answers and consequences that might follow. The hollow sound of footsteps echoed throughout the room. A tall man knelt down in front of her and forcibly grasped her trembling chin up to look him in the eyes. Those same dark, cold eyes that haunted her before she had collapsed into her unknown pursuer's arms, as they plunged down into a dark oblivion.

"You look frightened Mallory, what's wrong?" The man asked in a hauntingly solemn voice.

Having no other choice in the matter she looked him square in the eye and braced herself to speak.

"You said my name, but I've never seen you before in my life, who are you?"

The stranger seemed genuinely amused at the girl's ability to transform a grim, unpredictable situation into a passionate interrogation.

"My dear, I did not bring you here to harm you, nor would I intend it. And please, spare me the formalities and call me Brian."

Brian wore a face of a gambler; a solemn smirk heightened his cold features. Not a day over 30, his dark blue eyes seemed to be as misleading as starring into a murky ocean, his straight black hair hung in an attractive layered cut just below his ears. Although his complexion was gothic pale he was indefinitely handsome. A face that could easily belong to your average serial killer, but unfortunately she wasn't a psychologist and couldn't interpret his motives, she had nothing more to do then play the waiting game.

Several hours later she was resurrected from her submerged thoughts by a light, but startling tap of the shoulder. She jerked upward to meet Brian's gaze.

"What?" she asked almost embarrassed by the way he was scrutinizing her.

"Nothing, I was just noticing how beautiful you are, and that it's almost time to go."

"Time to go where?" She asked in an accusatory tone.

He cocked his head and charmed her with an intimidating grin.

"In a hour's time, you will come with me to get our next guest." Her eyes widened in surprise as she took a hard blow to the head. Brian brushed the blood off his forehead, as Mallory lay unconscious in her chair-confined prison.

The exhaust of a car sounded the dead night, the constant trembling of the engine's low groans disturbed Mallory's peaceful state of sleep. Brian turned around and grinned at her.

"Oh, your awake. Sorry about knocking you out there, it was what had to be done." He admonished with a wink.

Mallory heaved a great sigh as she pressed her cheek to the cold glass window. The dreary landscape made her appear much paler then normal, and her unruly captor appeared to resemble a ghost. Mallory's long, espresso colored hair framed her thin face, and her large sapphire eyes appeared to be exploring a distant land with a far off gaze. She shifted in her seat, she was in a harness that bound her legs and arms in place just incase a sinister thought of escape should happen to cross her mind. She let her gaze wander outside the window, the tops of evergreens danced wildly in the wind, as if to display their beauty and magnificence to any onlooker that might pass by. In Mallory's mind, she was swinging on a swing from the tree nonchalantly, her face was evident in immense laughter and emotion as she swayed back in fourth. Back to reality, her cerulean eyes remained glazed over, as a sheepish grin crossed her otherwise placid face. The sweet dream was shattered when the Chevy Tahoe screeched to an abrupt stop causing Mallory to spring forward, but heavily under the influence of the harness she remained unscathed. Brian looked back at her and nodded towards the large house on the left.

"It is time." He said while slamming the door shut, sneering all the way to her door.

He thrusted the door open, and pried her out of the harness so forcefully, she had to catch her breath. Grabbing her slender wrist, he cuffed her and led her towards the house in such an elegant manner she thought she was a celebrity fit for adulation. But as they drew nearer towards the house, she came into realization that it wasn't the red carpet of fame and fortune she would be walking upon, but the red carpet of pain and suffering. A road that would most likely lead to a cul-de-sac of death if she wasn't determined enough to find a safe lane.

Well I was a moderetly good writer before I took it. I got it from my mom since she is a published author, and english and a german teacher.

But my teacher was AMAZING, and after that class and reading my 1st Dean Koontz book (have now read 40 of his books, some multiple times) I made the leap from "good" to "Phenominal" My teacher was great, and I learned alot in that class.

Well I was a moderetly good writer before I took it. I got it from my mom since she is a published author, and english and a german teacher.

But my teacher was AMAZING, and after that class and reading my 1st Dean Koontz book (have now read 40 of his books, some multiple times) I made the leap from "good" to "Phenominal" My teacher was great, and I learned alot in that class.

That is exciting. What books has your mom written? It must be fun to have a Mom so into literary stuff. I am planning on becoming an English teacher...well hopefully English professor someday. I wish you lots of luck as a writer. It is a tough profession

Well although I am a very good writer, a writer isn't the main profession I want, I know it's hard to do.

I'm going to major in Criminology. I wanted something in the Criminal Justice field that didn't have me work in the field or be a social worker. The criminologist figures out why the criminal commited the act, what was the motive behind it, and creates the profiles for the FBI etc.

I'm also getting a minor in writing though, it would be good for the job I want and if I'm interested in trying to get a book published it would be alot easier to know that I have english/writing experience, thus the minor.

Archived