Question for ladies out there

Godwin

Would/do you find it acceptable for someone to simply approach you in the street/store and to ask you out?

I consider myself a good looking, well dressed guy with loads to offer, my main problem is not self-confidence but rather opportunity.

I simply cannot see where/how I am going to meet anyone. I have tried Dating sites with some success(see my other thread) and friends of friends but having been single a few months now I am seriously starting to worry.

I see girls in the street and we make extended eye contact but to tell the truth I would find it weird for someone just to ask me out.

What do you girls think?

if a guy just marched right over to me on the street and asked me out i'd think he was psycho, to be honest, no matter what he looked like.

you will have more luck if you find something small to comment on or something else in common with her so that you could at least strike up a bit of a dialogue before flat-out asking her out. if you just walk right up to her, she'll know all you thought "shes hot enough."

but if you at least give her a chance to talk for a few minutes, she could feel as if you thought she was funny and friendly, too.

I did this to the girl I'm currently dating. Didn't just go up to her and ask her out, but ran into her on the street and struck up a conversation and then after a couple minutes gave her my business card and told her to call me if she had any questions about the area(she was new).

She called, but for some reason...didn't want to talk about the area...just wanted to get to know me.

If a guy walked up to me and asked me out, I think he's either an extremely confident man or he's just creepy. (however, it might be complimentary to you) I'd like to think that most guys are the former but you never know so it pays to be a little more wary and careful! sometimes being too confident puts people off.

the guy would probably have more success asking a lady out if he had something in common with her and struck a conversation with her under more "normal circumstances" say, in a coffee shop, whilst ordering coffee or a muffin - something like that!

I totally agree, I guess it is creepy. Hence why I have never done it before.

It would weird me out anyway.

Ideal plan would be some subtle conversation this can always be followed by "Hey, I need to get back to xxxxx, would be nice if we could meet up and finish this conversation over a coffee or something".

I did this to the girl I'm currently dating. Didn't just go up to her and ask her out, but ran into her on the street and struck up a conversation and then after a couple minutes gave her my business card and told her to call me if she had any questions about the area(she was new).

She called, but for some reason...didn't want to talk about the area...just wanted to get to know me.

That's more the way to do it. Walking up to a girl you don't know on the street and saying, "Hey would you like to go out sometime?" is a lot different than striking up a conversation, flirting some, and then asking for her number.

I think it would depend on how you are planning on approaching the girl. If you are attractive, I might be flattered, but if you are not, I might just be creeped out . . . .

Yes, ugly men are creepy, attractive men are not...it's a fact. (that's why Ted Bundy the serial killer was so successful)

Anyway, I've done it and successfully, however, you need some kind of "in" - something in common, some kind of common ground to work with. For instance if you are standing in long queue and something weird happens.

It is a bit of a crap shoot. It works better if I don't really care about the outcome.

Ugly serial killers managed to lure women too...

The Yorkshire Ripper

Fred West...

When I was younger, a strange guy came up to me in a store and asked my name. I was like, wth?? He then wondered why I'd looked at him like he had two heads....and I scurried off

I was freaked out.....

Ugly serial killers managed to lure women too...

The Yorkshire Ripper

Fred West...

When I was younger, a strange guy came up to me in a store and asked my name. I was like, wth?? He then wondered why I'd looked at him like he had two heads....and I scurried off

I was freaked out.....

must not have been hot.

To be honest I didn't pay that much attention as to whether he was hot or not...

I was freaked and because he was a strange guy, asking my name

I mean that is kinda creepy when they just walk over and do that.

well, i wouldn't have just gone for the name myself.

If the guy is really good looking, most women would be flattered and not as ready to be "creeped" out by him. However, I would find it odd if a stranger just came up to me and asked me out without first introducing himself and giving me some idea of who he is.

Archived