What's a quick, effective way to die?

Lawliet

Hey Lawliet,

I've got to say, you're an amazing writer--and honestly, I don't think you really want to kill yourself. I know you're contemplating it, and you're thinking about what the easiest way to go would be, but I truly believe that if you knew a way to deal with these emotions, you wouldn't want to die.

Let me ask you one thing, and please don't be offended by my question. Is the reason you're contemplating this so that you can end your suffering? Or is it because you want her to realize how much she meant to you?

Perhaps this is God's way of punishing me for my inability to follow his laws of the world...no...it's ridiculous for someone like me to think that a God could possibly exist. To some it's reasonable, and I can respect that, but to me, I could not possibly accept it. To accept God is to accept that you are a slave, bound by the will of a single omnipotent overlord. This overlord is your master. Failure to obey this master will result in the complete and ultimate punishment upon you following your death.

Hi Lawliet,

Just had to comment on this if you'll give me a moment. So many misunderstand God's love for us and the mercy he gives to every single person no matter what they have done in their past. The "laws" God gave us are for our benefit, not His. If we follow them, we can be assured of receiving all the fruits of the Spirit; love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness and temperance. Not to mention good health!

If we chose not to follow them, we are only hurting ourselves and tying God's hands from giving us the blessings He wants to bestow. The bible does not say that if you do not follow the laws, you'll go to hell.

All the laws (613 in total, not 10 as some believe from the ten commandments) were put in place to show man that it was virtually impossible to keep from sinning and that it was not something we could do on our own. The blood sacrifices of animals to atone for sin, was meant to show how serious sin was, and that ultimately a sacrifice beyond our control, would be performed to set us free for all eternity. This was the sacrifice God gave by allowing His son to be killed for our sins.

Scripture tells us that when Jesus took on ALL the sins of the world. He was covered with my sins, your sins, our grandparents sins, etc. And being so covered, God looked at him and killed Him for US. Jesus knew His fate, it wasn't a mean thing God did, it was a loving thing. Jesus knew He'd rise again in three days. We can rest assured that we will rise again when we leave this life.

God created us, and as such can do what He pleases when we die. But we are told that what pleases Him is to have us with him in heaven for all eternity. To that end, he sent his one and only son to be a sacrifice for us. If we accept this free gift of salvation, we will go to Heaven. We don't have to stop doing things we've done in the past until we are ready to. When God looks at us on judgment day, He will see us clean and sinless because Jesus fulfilled his mission. However, to truly accept the gift of God, one needs to be willing to understand just who this God guy is. You find that out by reading his owner's manual (the Bible).

Nowhere does the bible say you have to go to church, meet with fellow Christians, give 10 percent of your earnings etc. to get to Heaven. What it does say, is that when you really accept the gift, and ask the Holy Spirit to come into your heart, these things will happen eventually when YOU are ready, because you WANT them to, not because you are obligated to.

In all things, there needs to be deterrent to bad behavior. If you told a child he wouldn't get a cookie that day for throwing a tantrum, it's no big deal. If you told him he wouldn't get a cookie for a year (and meant it!) he would seriously think twice. Hell is the most serious deterrent God could give us. Without it, (most of) mankind would have no reason to behave. Hell is basically the separation from God for all eternity. The pain is an added incentive to avoid it, but scripture tells us the separation from God is far worse. We can relate to pain. We can't relate to the separation until it is too late.

Lawliet, God is real. And He loves you. And He has a purpose for your life. He wants to give you the free gift of salvation but you have to be willing to accept it. If you are not, His hands are tied. There is much love and beauty in the world, and your future is wide open right now. It's impossible to understand at 17, but this love of yours, this pain, this betrayal, will pass and you will meet another who would never want to hurt you. Everyone I know has gone through the horrible heartache of losing that one person they thought was right for them. Everyone also has since realized that the person really wasn't for them. My 19 year old son went through the same thing, as well as my 21 year old daughter (and of course myself and hubby) and we all met someone later who made us realize the relationship we thought was "perfect" was an illusion. You'll see this too and you WILL be happy one day.

You are now at the most difficult period of your life at 17. Too old to let others pick up the pieces for you, but too young to take control of it yourself. This WILL change. Trust me and others here who are telling you that things will get better. And trust that God is not a slave master, or puppeteer, or evil. He is love, He loves you, and He wants what's best for you. You may be in too much pain right now to believe that, but don't shut the door on Him. He's there and He's waiting for you to turn to him.

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. (Revelations 3:20)

May God Bless and keep you Lawliet.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not think for one second that it isn't hard for you, I believe your suffering is very real and you feel that you cannot go on but when you feel like you are drowning, let go of the sides and let yourself fall. Nothing bad will happen, and you won't go mad or jump off a cliff either, instead what will happen is that you will release the pressure of constantly fighting.

Fighting is what put you ther e.g. fighting not to think about things, fighting to push down the hurt and pain and rise above them. But that doesnt work. So stop fighting, and stop fighting NOT to think of your problems by pushing them away but rather, but think of them and face it! FACE EVERYTHING- internally and externally.

Let go and feel the feelings inside you,. Think about your problems, however hard because this you stop fearing them, which in turn leads you seeing things in a new light and they fade and you move on

In other words.....Do exactly the opposite to what your doing now because what you are doing is making you worse, isnt it? SO why continue to do something that makes you worse?

There is always hope, always.

• 1 month later...

We shouldn't want to quit everytime something gets bad. I'm beginning to learn this. Believe me when I say I've been where you are and sometimes find myself in the same place.

Things are hard right now, for everyone. We all are feeling the pain. That horrible feeling, like you're dragging a hundred pound weight with you everywhere you go. You just want to lie down and never get up. I feel like that EVERY DAY. But we have to keep moving. I know this souns stupid, but everytime I start to feel like that I think of Dori from finding Nemo. She didn't exactly have everythng in the world to be happy about, but she just kept swimming, and she would sing it. That really helps me, and brings a genuine smile to my face. Maybe it will work for you too.

"When things get worse, it presents all the more oppotunity for thing to get better."

JUST KEEP SWIMMING!

• 4 months later...

Allforone, I read the reply you wrote on page four and if you are reading this I would just like to thank you for opening my eyes and helping me see the goodness that may be ahead of me. I too, am suicidal, but younger than 17.my parents physically and mentally abuse me, and never let me see a doctor or get any spiritual guidance. The only thing I did have since the day that I was born was a bible from my grandmother and a cat that actually grew with me and knew when I was crying and made me feel better. It's still hard to talk about, even if I'm just typing, but 4 months ago she died of a heart attack.I cried every night as I prayed to god, asking for some miracle even though my pleas are not the only ones. But now, I am crying tears of joy as I expess my feelings towards those moving words that have answered the questions to my prayer that I have been asking for so long. I now know that despite my beatings on the inside and out, there will be a day when I will be free from these sorrowful moments. The miracle I have been searching for is you, allforone. Thank you so much, for I cannot say it enough, and god bless. If you are not allforone,however, I encourage you to read what was written on page 4; it has truly changed my life and will hopefully change yours as well.

Lawliet

You're going to hate me for saying this but.......you have absolutely no idea how fortunate you are! You are only 17 and you were actually getting to the stage of marrying someone?! I wish I had your life!

I am 33 years old and I have only ever had ONE girlfriend in my whole life. I didnt actually have sex until I was 26! Can you believe that?! The crazy thing is that I'm not even that bad looking. I went through most of my life feeling like a complete outcast from society and wishing I was dead.....and actually I still do. Its annoying that we dont have easy access to guns and ammunition isnt it

Even now I still have mental crap in my head which prevents me from getting a partner and ultimately it all makes my life feel completely pointless as it feels like I have nothing to look forward to. All people need to be loved and without it they just wither away.

LOTS of people go through a stage of massive depression at your age. Luckily for you it WILL pass whether you believe that or not. If you can get into a heavy and close relationship that early in life then you will be able to get a new girlfriend easily......and there are billions of people out there. You might "feel" that this girl was The One but logic will tell you that there is no such thing. You can make a strong connection with anyone. Believe me things could be sooooooo much worse.

Oh and good thing to hear you dont believe in god. Religion and the blind faith it requires is for all the sheep that cannot think for themselves. From the intelligent way that you type I can see that you are above such daft things. Keep up the good work!

Archived