Never Single again

darkpumpkin

I guess I don't see what is going on. I don't fool myself with his faults, I see them when I'm happy and when I'm not. But I am willing to accept them, it's not fast for me. It's an individual choice; some people are together for years before they decide to marry others a few months.

My parents were married in 4 months from when they met each other. His parents were together for 3 years before they said I do.

Either way I have appreciated both your advice when it comes to matters I have posted on here. It's not about "oh we are in love" or "we are getting married" everything is perfect. Far from it, but we are both believers in trying and communicating. This could very well blow up in my face in the end, I may look back and remember that I went to fast but this is just the risk I am willing to take.

Sometimes I feel relieved that I am not single when a friend calls me with a bad date story but in general, that's not why I'm in a relationship and not why my bf is in this relationship. In the past there were times I missed being in the dating scene - the excitement of meeting someone new - but I haven't felt that way in my current relationship.

^^ Me too.

And even if you say that you intentionally make him look worse, I lean towards believing you are honest with what he is truly like when you are mad and then dishonest with yourself about how great he is when you are not mad.

Completely agree and I saw the OP do the same - backpedal and get defensive - with a prior relationship. That's cool about the trying and communicating.

Archived