Girlfriend talks too much on the phone

bingray

I have a slight problem with my girlfriend. I've been dating her for around 8 months and I'm pretty much in love with her. However, she talks way too much on the phone. Often it's about her job and they seem to last from 20 minutes to an hour. I'm not a phone guy and she knows this, but I don't know how to tell her that I really don't want to listen to her because it is mostly a one sided conversation.

I don't want to be rude, and maybe I'm just being an inconsiderate , but how do I tell her to stop it?

Haha, I agree, but shes just letting off steam because she may not have anyone else to talk to it about. Another thing is that in person you can randomly bring up how you don't like talking about your work day because your off work now or something. So she may get a hint of not talking about her work day lol.

Oh boy that so sounds like me haha. In person i can be quite quiet but on the phone i just ramble on and on.

Theres not really an easy way to tell her without hurting her feelings but if its something that REALLY is getting too you then maybe you should try telling her that you mean it when you say you aren't a phone person and would much rather spend proper time with her. Or when you first start talking on the phone say you only have a little while because you need to do something.

But in the end if thats all you have to worry about - that she talks too much on the phone then is it so bad? I mean it could be worse couldn't it?

I'm 100% for communication with your partner. You MUST feel able to tell her the way you feel about things and to talk them out if need be. Simple as that.

Its hard to tell what here. Because I would want someone who liked listening to me, who enjoyed my thoughts and trying to figure out my mind.

BUt I also know what its like to feel like someone is keeping you on the phone longer than you want to be.

I hate to tell you this but this is how women become close to other people. It is called communication and building caring and emotion and trust etc. If you do not live together then this is how she feels close to you. If you shut her out, it will not be good. Life is about communication and being social, not always about getting action.

I hate to tell you this but this is how women become close to other people. It is called communication and building caring and emotion and trust etc. If you do not live together then this is how she feels close to you. If you shut her out, it will not be good. Life is about communication and being social, not always about getting action.

This is VERY true. Many women view conversation as a primary form of love.

Archived