men with low self esteem

Caterina

Sometimes I find myself attracted to men who are self deprecating. Men who were picked on, but are really hot. I like being the one to prove that the other people were wrong. To me, its kind of sexy to show him how desirable he is. Its like that song where the lover thanks that other person's ex for letting them go. Is this weird?

Any other girls like this?

It's cool that you like to help people find their worth. A lot of men, like myself, don't realize their self worth until they have the light of someone else to show them. My ex showed me the very beginnings of finding myself, and nothing more. It's taken my friends to get me rolling in the right direction.

Would you NOT date a man because he is confident?

Sometimes I find myself attracted to men who are self deprecating. Men who were picked on, but are really hot. I like being the one to prove that the other people were wrong. To me, its kind of sexy to show him how desirable he is. Its like that song where the lover thanks that other person's ex for letting them go. Is this weird?

I thought the part in bold was funny. I don't see too many "hot" guys get picked on ... or with low-self esteem. Like Seinfeld said, "ever see any handsome homeless?" (think about it ...)

But I can see why women would like a guy like this. Like someone else said, "easy to tame." And you like the attention of "being needed" But most girls in general seem to prefer "confident" type guys.

I thought the part in bold was funny. I don't see too many "hot" guys get picked on ... or with low-self esteem. Like Seinfeld said, "ever see any handsome homeless?" (think about it ...)

But I can see why women would like a guy like this. Like someone else said, "easy to tame." And you like the attention of "being needed" But most girls in general seem to prefer "confident" type guys.

LOL I agree. I can't recall ever meeting any hot guys who were picked on.

• 2 weeks later...

The way a guy looks means nothing to other guys. It's all about social status. Guys who aren't popular, no matter how they look, will get picked on.

The way a guy looks means nothing to other guys. It's all about social status. Guys who aren't popular, no matter how they look, will get picked on.

In my case, I was a little chubby in high school so I was made fun of all the time, by guys and girls. From day one my social status was pretty much set in stone. I went to a really small school (about 300 kids total) and naturally I was the only chubby guy in my entire class. So I was singled out from the start.

Of course everything changed when I got in shape. I didn't change, but people changed. For instance, good looking girls actually starting hanging around me, I got invited to parties and whatnot. And these were the very same types of people who used to treat me like dirt.

So if looks didn't play a factor in the sudden change, I don't know what did.

In my case, I was a little chubby in high school so I was made fun of all the time, by guys and girls. From day one my social status was pretty much set in stone. I went to a really small school (about 300 kids total) and naturally I was the only chubby guy in my entire class. So I was singled out from the start.

Of course everything changed when I got in shape. I didn't change, but people changed. For instance, good looking girls actually starting hanging around me, I got invited to parties and whatnot. And these were the very same types of people who used to treat me like dirt.

So if looks didn't play a factor in the sudden change, I don't know what did.

Same with me - I was overweight a few years ago and then got in great shape. I went from having 33% body fat 5 years ago to having a 6-pack now. No change though. People still treat me like dirt.

I wish more girls were like this! In my experience, it is weird. Weird in a good way though, just as it would be weird to donate 20% of your salary to charity.

Archived