IronHorse

Most guys here in the US throw on a pair of jeans and a tee, and call it good. Sure, the fit or color coordination may be poor, but at least they're comfortable. I think that is what's important, to be comfortable in your own skin.

If you put on a simple dress shirt, most people will consider you 'dressed up'. Compared to other countries, our standards are very low here. I try not to judge people by what they wear, but it's really unavoidable.

Brands already mentioned like American Eagle, Hollister, ect. are for kids. Those including others such as Armani Exchange, D&G like to stick their logos in bold print on your chest as an advertisement, which I think is very gaudy and pretentious. Some women like that, but then again those are not my type of women.

Some nice brands I like are Uniqlo, Engineered Garments, Helmut Lang, Band of Outsiders, Diesel.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

helmut lang is a fantastic modern designer, too bad he no longer designs his own brand, the new duo designers are not making his name more popular. I had been a fan of his for a long time even though it's not really my style, i his designs for both men and women i think it's what modernity and the future is all about just like what Francisco Costa is doing for Calvin Klein or Raf Simon for Jil Sander.

helmut lang is a fantastic modern designer, too bad he no longer designs his own brand, the new duo designers are not making his name more popular. I had been a fan of his for a long time even though it's not really my style, i his designs for both men and women i think it's what modernity and the future is all about just like what Francisco Costa is doing for Calvin Klein or Raf Simon for Jil Sander.

Some of Jil's pieces are good, but I think she could do better with her mens collection. Personally I think Thom Browne has been making quite an impact in the men's clothing industry. Quite a visionary I would say.

Some of Jil's pieces are good, but I think she could do better with her mens collection. Personally I think Thom Browne has been making quite an impact in the men's clothing industry. Quite a visionary I would say.

i loved jil when she was at her own house but now with raf simon, he revolutionized the house and changed the meaning of what minimalism is, his sheath dresses are cut so marvelously well, god i need one but hahah i make no money and i'm about to go to college so no more Roger Vivier shoes for me, parsons just cost wayy too much.](*,)

Fitted clothes are the key - ie. shirts that aren't too tight, nor too baggy. However, don't wear skinny jeans. They just look horrid on men, seriously.

Similarly, what do women think of fashionable male 'loners'?

I kinda feel embarrassed when going shopping for clothes alone because I usually see guys with their girlfriend or with a group of other guys.

I've always liked guys who are pretty clean-cut. Lately I've been digging the preppy New England look - Sperry Top-Sider (boating) shoes, long shorts, and a polo shirt. Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, and Gap come to mind, while Express + Banana Republic + Brooks Brothers are good for more of a sophisticated look.

I definitely am more attracted to that "Ivy League" look. Dark, well fitting jeans, khaki slacks, polos, button down, sweaters, you get the idea.

As far as the poster who said he feels weird going shopping alone, I love to see a guy who is out clothes shopping on his own! It shows that he knows his own style, and he has the confidence to go in there and take care of business, that he doesnt need either a girl or a bunch of guys to tell him how he should dress (and if he was alone and I thought he was really good looking, Id probably approach him, using his clothing choices as a convo starter).

i love all the descriptions of fashion on here. all the brand names and styles. not once was mine described or my brands mentioned. lol

hahah then mention yours then, different people have different styles, you should chime in and give this man some advice

i wear all skater stuff. but mostly basic anchor blue pants. baggy ones. not tight but not the super huge baggy pants. nice clean, almost always black and white skater shoes (lakai i think is the best), and shirts that are somewhat tight at the top and hang somewhat loose. they fit my frame and show muscle. brands like element, toy machine, black label, quicksilver (surf i know), senate (rollerblade i know), shortys, matix, etc.

i wear all skater stuff. but mostly basic anchor blue pants. baggy ones. not tight but not the super huge baggy pants. nice clean, almost always black and white skater shoes (lakai i think is the best), and shirts that are somewhat tight at the top and hang somewhat loose. they fit my frame and show muscle. brands like element, toy machine, black label, quicksilver (surf i know), senate (rollerblade i know), shortys, matix, etc.

i thought skater wear skinny jeans because they have stretch in them and easy to skate

It depends on the guy - different guys can pull off different clothing...

I like a plain white t and pair of jeans well.

Also polo's with jeans or cargo shorts.

T-shirts with designs and cargo shorts or jeans.

I'm not real picky. The clothes have to fit right though - they can't be too lose - need to fit well and show off them muscles....

^ That makes sense. Polo shirts don't seem to fit guys that are really what's the word? Built... Some guys just look much better in shirts that are like muscle shirts but still nice.

Oh wait - Forgot to mention the outfit the guy I'm dating wore last time.

Black kinda plaid shorts... And a white t shirt and sandals.. Smokin hot~~~~

I know another guy that where's those plaid shorts too.. Hot as well.

But I can't imagine every guy would look great in them either.

I definitely am more attracted to that "Ivy League" look. Dark, well fitting jeans, khaki slacks, polos, button down, sweaters, you get the idea.

As far as the poster who said he feels weird going shopping alone, I love to see a guy who is out clothes shopping on his own! It shows that he knows his own style, and he has the confidence to go in there and take care of business, that he doesnt need either a girl or a bunch of guys to tell him how he should dress (and if he was alone and I thought he was really good looking, Id probably approach him, using his clothing choices as a convo starter).

Why cant more girls be like you lol. Whenever I go shopping by myself and need a second opinion I usually just ask one of the girls that work at the store.

Yeah, you mean the "rich preppy bastard" look. =p

One time I was shopping alone and a girl came up to me and asked if I was gay. I was like, "You think I'm gay because I'm shopping for clothes on my own?" She said, "Well yeah, I was wondering because my gay friend is single." I respond, "Wow, you've really got nerve... and I respect that, so I'm not gonna get pissed, but for the record I like girls, not guys." She just said, "Oh" and walked off. I was hoping she'd mention a girl friend who was single, but no. -_-

Yeah, you mean the "rich preppy bastard" look. =p

One time I was shopping alone and a girl came up to me and asked if I was gay. I was like, "You think I'm gay because I'm shopping for clothes on my own?" She said, "Well yeah, I was wondering because my gay friend is single." I respond, "Wow, you've really got nerve... and I respect that, so I'm not gonna get pissed, but for the record I like girls, not guys." She just said, "Oh" and walked off. I was hoping she'd mention a girl friend who was single, but no. -_-

hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaa aww, i'm sorry dear, better luck next time.

I think that I'd go totally red if that happened!!

M-F I have to wear suits for work. On the weekends, I'll wear a polo shirt or a football jersey with shorts or jeans. : /

On girls, I like girls who dress girly/classy and don't try too hard. Not * * * * ty but girly - tight jeans, a nice blouse or a t-shirt. Not showing too much cleavage or legs either.

Archived