IronHorse

Forgive me if this sounds like an inappropriate subject to bring up in this forum? However, in a greater degree I believe it has a great bearing on the matter of attraction. So, having said that I hope my fellow enotaloner's will bear some patience and permit this to stay within this forum. Because I believe it will get a far better review from the typically posters within this setting than banished to some other forum where few good minds go to contribute anything of substance...

The question is really for women but you male's can add to it if you like. But I think most of you men would do well to just listen like me...

Women: What particular brands are in style for men. I don't mean what us guys think looks good but what you women think look good on men. The trouble is what we men see as nice is often frowned upon by you women and we men don't often know this. Here's your chance to be helpful while also contributing to redirecting our fashion sense... I'm not talking about suits, but more of the casual wear sort of thing...

I have a closet full of clothing but little of it seems like it's appealing to you ladies. So, I'd like to hear about brands, colors, patterns etc,..

So, what does this have to do with attraction? I think you'd rather see a guy wearing something fashionable as opposed to wearing rags or clothes 20 years behind the times...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys who catch my eye are usually just simple T-shirt and jeans wearing kind of guys. That said, there can be beauty within the plain. First, the clothes should fit properly and I tend to like jeans of dark wash and T-shirts that have a cool design. For T-shirts, don't be afraid to experiment with color. White T-shirts, even with designs, are boring.

Brands don't matter so much as finding one that fits well. However, here are some brands I like on guys: Urban Outfitters, Zara, J.Crew, H&M, Ruehl, Diesel, Armani Exchange, Lucky. Specifically for jeans, I like Diesel, Lucky, Juicy Couture and Joe's.

Ultimately, all girls are different and like different looks on guys...and the truth is, the brand and clothes don't really matter as long as you find a style that is comfortable for you. (I know that doesn't really help, but it's the truth).

Also, a nice pair of sneakers goes a long way. Don't wear boots or shoe boots - they just make you look like a grandpa. There's a lot af brands here so again, find something that works for you. Nike, Adidas and Pumas would be solid choices to start from. There's also Converse, but it has to be your style for it to work.

tough to say since each guy looks good in different things. i like the men's clothes in banana republic and gap though.

dont wear stuff thats too big for you , thats my pet peeve. guys will wear shirts that are too big for them a lot of times and it doesnt look good. maybe you dont have a super flat stomach and a 6 pack but trust me you will look much better wearing a shirt that fits 'loosely' vs a shirt that is 2 sizes too large.

All excellent post and I like the feed back so far... I'm going to look into your suggestions and start shopping. I need some upgrades to my closet as I've got way too many out of date styles and far too many T-shirts.

Of note: I only mentioned "Brand" because some brands tend to make more trendy stuff than others. It really had nothing to do with expense, as I agree expensive clthes only matter to a limited few. Most women would like to see a guy who can dress well but be wise enough to spend his money smartly.

Also, I realise that settings can dictate wardrobe. One would look kind of foolish all dressed up on a beach were as a beach go'er would look a bit off tilt in a nice night club setting. Meaning a nice T-shirt would be perfect in some instance no doubt but I was referring to when you want to look just a step above being simply that casual. I meant a bit more dress casual...

Absoutely the fitting of one's clothing is just as important as how nice it looks. All of that plays a major roll in looking attractive.

Another thing I'm aware of but has yet to be mentioned is the differences we find in various locations. Here in Florida patterns and bright colors seem to be the norm where as in another part of the world it would be totally out of place. We have lots of boat, fish, tropical, etc, related patterns themed on most men's dress casual wear.

But patterns can be as much a turn off as a turn on it depends upon many factors. Location and typical regional themed clothes don't always agree with what you women like. What I'm talking about is getting an edge something that sets me a part (Besides a clown costume, LOL)

I was taking a look around at some of the online stores of the places mentioned. I begain to see an overlaying trend among the button front shirts. Seems like most clothing gravitates towards vertical line patterns with the occasional cross line pattern. There's few print themes and that may be more of a generalized thing since such prints tend to be influenced regionially and not globally.

But I'm learning a great deal so please continue. I noticed Earth tones wasn't represented as in years past. But the colors being used presently aren't too over the top.

to be honest, i really don't care about what men wear, it doesn't matter to me, if it comes to attraction, his personality will do, i've never paid attention to what men wear, ever, but if you want some advice, i think the girl before me said it great: Zara, Banana Republic, J.Crew has more classic style and for the men who wants to look more elegant and clean. More trendy clothes i would say: H and M, Express, French Connection, Diesel- alittle too pricey for the average man, Amarni Exchange. But i just like men looking average, hahaha it's just my thing, the most is that he looks like Cary Grant but you don't want to look TOO flamboyant either (throw on a roberto cavalli/just cavalli print shirt) that makes you look gay, then you'll attract men, not women. Hope that helps

oh, and by the way, either wear nice fragrance or don't at all, i hate that AXe body spray, it's terrible

I used to hate axe too, but I've gotta say, it's antiperspirant has been the only stuff to work with me, and eventually I kinda grew to like some of the smells..."essense" in particular. Their whole marketing ploy is kinda lame though. Still, I would rather buy axe or old spice than some fancy, expensive, and overwhelming cologne.

It's the smell good that gets us every time ;-)

Well, thing is, fragrance is pretty pointless to me since I don't have girls close enough to me to smell it. =p

I'm clean and fresh smelling though, a lot more clean than the guys who hide their stank with that d-bag hollister cologne.

Well, thing is, fragrance is pretty pointless to me since I don't have girls close enough to me to smell it. =p

I'm clean and fresh smelling though, a lot more clean than the guys who hide their stank with that d-bag hollister cologne.

amen, hollister is disgusting, no offense to anyone who likes that stuff

A good skill to have is to learn the difference between ageless style, such as colour coordination and expressing yourself; and following trends. If you can do the former then your clothes will last longer because they will never go out of fashion, and thereforee it will be cheaper, and you will stand out as someone who can think for themself.

I've always been attracted to fashionable girls who really express themselves through what they wear and I'm sure it probably works the other way round too. I'm not much of a fan of anything you could describe as ubiquituous, you can get away with ubiquitous if you are a classic good looking guy, but most of us aren't and it's best to try not to be ubiquitous so you aren't competing with these guys. Fashion can really be your saviour in this respect.

amen, hollister is disgusting, no offense to anyone who likes that stuff

I forget, is hollister that sent that is both for guys and girls?? I don't shop there anymore but all I remember is that I wasn't too big of fan of the cologne. Abercrombie's Fierce and Ruel's cologne (not sure if it has a name) smells really good. The top note on Ruel's smells awful, but it has a really great base note.

To the threadstarter, I would suggest picking something that you like and feel comfortable wearing. I'm almost in my mid 20's so I've sorta drifted away from american eagle, hollister and abercrombie etc.. and started getting more into a more casual, clean, classic look... Jcrew, Banana, Gap.

I forget, is hollister that sent that is both for guys and girls?? I don't shop there anymore but all I remember is that I wasn't too big of fan of the cologne. Abercrombie's Fierce and Ruel's cologne (not sure if it has a name) smells really good. The top note on Ruel's smells awful, but it has a really great base note.

To the threadstarter, I would suggest picking something that you like and feel comfortable wearing. I'm almost in my mid 20's so I've sorta drifted away from american eagle, hollister and abercrombie etc.. and started getting more into a more casual, clean, classic look... Jcrew, Banana, Gap.

yeah, if you are in your 20s, don't wear that abercrombie, hollister stuff, those are for teenagers and as when they were bad as the teenagers years, i still think they cost too much for looking sooooo casual

yeah, if you are in your 20s, don't wear that abercrombie, hollister stuff, those are for teenagers and as when they were bad as the teenagers years, i still think they cost too much for looking sooooo casual

Well my main thing is that the majority of their stuff has their logo or name plastered all over their clothes.

I can tell you that for me, fashion and men don't really go hand in hand. I don't care if a guy is 'fashionable" at all. Men have the luxury of being able to look good without even caring about what is in fashion or not. Now unless you have masking tape holding your glasses togehter and/or wearing your pants way too high with white socks or something then you are doing fine. Men can look fantastic in a pair of jeans and a nice fitting tshirt. Depending upon his age the jeans and tshirt styles would vary. Very young, under 25, he can look great in baggy jeans and a tank top. Over 30 IMO the jeans should get a bit better fitting and the tshirt better fitting as well. But really, that's all it takes. To dress it up a polo and khaki's suffice.

The good thing for men is fashion doesn't have to get complicated. In fact, the men who MAKE it complicated and get too fancy end up detracting from their overall looks...IMO of course.

I like kind of blazers/costumes but think I prefer if there are some extra's on it like a pattern or detail

I like to see for ex. Hugo Boss

guess it also depends on the person, some types I would expect very stylish clothes while by others it won't bother me if it's for ex. all just black and comfortable and bit timeless

Archived