Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Book Talk

What book are you currently reading?

metrogirl

I just finished reading The Giver by Lois Lowry not long ago, I remember reading it to some students a couple of years back (a couple of chapters) while subbing and it interested me. The ending sure threw me for a small loop.

Not sure what I might pick up next, maybe The Alchemist...

*Just noticed you are reading it Insane Heart, how is it? Would you recommend it?

I just finished reading The Giver not long ago, I remember reading it to some students a couple of years back (a couple of chapters) while subbing and it interested me. The ending sure threw me for a small loop.

We were required to read that in grade school. It was a very disturbing book for how young we were.

I just finished reading The Giver by Lois Lowry not long ago, I remember reading it to some students a couple of years back (a couple of chapters) while subbing and it interested me. The ending sure threw me for a small loop.

*Just noticed you are reading it Insane Heart, how is it? Would you recommend it?

I would recommend it to anyone and everyone. Fabulous little book. It really made me think about my own life, and that aspect kinda shocked me.

I finished "The Heroin Diaries: A Year in the Life of a Shattered Rock Star" by Nikki Sixx.

Nikki is the bassist and song writer for Mötley Crüe. It is pretty amazing.

I am now reading

"The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band" which is also about Mötley Crüe and others associated with the band. This was written before The Heroin Diaries.

After I read this, a book about Slash, the bassist for Guns&Roses has caught my eye.

Every one of you should stop whatever you're doing and read this right now. I finished it today and it will stick with me for a long time.

link removed

Realistic fiction of marines in the Vietnam war. Written by a decorated LT who was actually there. It took him 30 years to write.