Can a guy be more attractive to a one sex than another?

RedPenguin

Hey all.

I'm back, from being gone for a while.

Now after I asked the one girl out, my life has basically stopped going girl crazy and I'm not so focused on them.

Though lately, I've noticed some stuff that I'm curious of.

When I'm in my home city, I get a couple of girls that appear to be checking me out and others seem to notice. I figure this is just normal. I take it that almost everyone is at least checked out now and then.

But I noticed in NYC, that I have noticed and others have noticed with me, that tons and tons of guys seem to look at me. I even had older guys like 50+ flat out stare at me.

Is checking out a thing that varies from city to city or something? LoL.

Some say I'm only visiting NYC but seem to be the center of attention, yet I'm old news in my city, it always seems like, LoL.

Could it be my new clothes? I started to wear more "fashionable" things like a hat with 212 (Area Code) on it, for NYC. I also got a really nice coat with fur on it. Also, lately I've just been not focusing on people and girls, just dealin with my own life.

I just amazed because like I said earlier, things for me seem to come in waves. When I want girls, they always seem to act like, who are you? When I am not looking, they seem to more appear like, who's that guy? I want him to notice me.

I may be going insane, LoL, though it seems when I ignore girls, it's almost as if they want you to look more, like they can't believe you aren't looking or something.

I find it funny how you get what isn't your target audience, I've actually been getting young girls like 12 and stuff staring at me and others have told me, those girls are looking at you like they like you. LoL. Don't ask me.

It's almost as if age has something to do with it also, because it's like the older I get, the more noticed I seem to be. Maybe I'm developing wrinkles. LoL.

They aren't noticing them in that way. They just see them staring at me, and wonder * * * .

I don't mean I was the center of NYC, I just meant, in NYC, it seems like I get way more noticed then I do in my hometown.

I don't think it was all in my head, because people with me noticed me getting looked at like crazy. Mainly by guys for some reason, but looked at a lot.

They aren't noticing them in that way. They just see them staring at me, and wonder * * * .

I don't mean I was the center of NYC, I just meant, in NYC, it seems like I get way more noticed then I do in my hometown.

I don't think it was all in my head, because people with me noticed me getting looked at like crazy. Mainly by guys for some reason, but looked at a lot.

Maybe cause they notice you're not from around? that happens a lot

Yeah. It's just funny how people even stare at me and my friends even in my hometown.

I don't mean, glance, flat out stare a hole through. LoL.

I don't wear funny clothes or look odd. So who knows. Maybe I'm so hott, that people have to stare. LoL.

I don't mind girls staring at me, but it's just different when guys stare a hole through another guy.

Why is starring considered rude by many but at the same time done by many? LoL

Maybe I have something that others don't or that's rare, that you must stare at. Hell again, maybe I'm super hot, and I get like how guys stare at hott girls. You never know.

people are more open in the city. i look at everyone, guys and girls. doesn't mean anything. i can tell an out-of-towner though.

Out of curiosity, ghost69, do you ever stare holes through the people you are looking at? Don't ask me how, but I find people (mostly guys) who just stare at me like I'm going to whip out a piece or something. LoL. I would ask that girls stare at me instead, but they already have, for like no apparent reason. ;P. I got ones, that I swear, stare at me almost every time I see them.

the only people i give a stare at are girls that i'm interested in. but i don't stare too long. that is creepy.

That's the weird part ghost69, I get the really really long stares.

Maybe I have a hell of a lot of men and women interested in me, who knows, LoL.

When I try, they turn me down, maybe I need to go for the starers. (Women). LoL.

I just know that I would not personally stare at a guy, to me that's odd, and I wouldn't or at least would try not to stare at a girl, especially if I didn't have any interest in her.

Maybe people I'm around are just weird, LoL.

I guess people staring at you, can have many possibilities.

You are reading into staring far to much. I look at everyone: odd looking, average looking, good looking, fat, slim, old, young, men, women, everyone. It is human nature to look at other humans. Conversely other people look at me; it means nothing. Different cultures (and regions) have varying lengths that staring is considered socially acceptable. I have noticed travelling to Germany for example that almost everyone stares at you much longer than in Canada (where I am from). I was initially creeped out by this, but it is normal there. I have also noticed it is longer even in other areas of my own country, especially the province of Quebec. Relative to your region it probably seemed like they were staring much longer, I would imagine it is much more socially acceptable to stare in New York than smaller American centres, thus their stare length is a norm for that area.

That makes perfect sense. I guess it was just weird, because even when we came back to our hometown, people started to stare again.

We don't look funny or anything, if anything I fit more in with the young people's clothing now, but still people still stare at my mother and I.

But I guess it's just maybe that they are from different cultures or other things.

I guess it just was confusing to me, because I can see a girl staring at a guy, possibly being interested in him, but it was way different for me to have guys staring at me. I was very confused. It was like, what the hell is going on here?

I agree with meister. In Germany staring is not cosidered rude at all and there is usually no attraction associated with it. Someone can stare at you for more than ten minutes without batting an eyelid or getting embarrassed about it. I think staring comes out of natural human curiosity. Of course the length of the stare varies from region to region.

Naturally if you look somewhat different then you are bound to get more stares.

After looking at your profile picture, I would speculate that you may be sporting a look that gay men find particularly attractive. Not being one myself, though, I can only assume.

As you get older, you might find more women than men giving you the eye, simply because appearing 25 when you're 35 could be more of a plus with the ladies than looking 16 when you're 20.

It's all just guesses...

I don't have that sweeter anymore. I just wore that one day because my brother bought it for me and that's the brother who bought it for me in the pic. It was taken the same day that I got it. I never wore it since, I think it's actually pitched now.

This staring happens to my mother also though. She looks like a normal human being. She doesn't dress like Darth Vader and tell people she is their father or anything.

Maybe we have energy that attracts people I guess. LoL.

I guess I just don't like guys staring at me for minutes on end. But maybe I can use the staring to my advantage.

I heard of people who get stared at a lot, so they just start doing weird things like random dancing. LoL. Maybe if I start dancing on the street or rip my shirt off randomly, I will have something for them to stare at. LoL.

The 212 hat and fur collared coat you mentioned in the first post. I'm sorry, but its pretty funny. Have you considered that they stare at you because of your 'homie" garb? I'm not sure that when people were advising you to dress "younger" in previous threads they were suggesting styling yourself on Eminem. I suspect people may be amused, and that's why they are staring.

Oh that's true, I never really thought of that. But even when I don't have that stuff on, they still look at times.

But still in my opinion, staring for minutes on end, is kinda creepy.

How does one have to dress? Man, it's like you have to get everything perfect or something. LoL.

Even people who don't dress "funny" or "amusing" that I know, still get stared at and looked at like they are strange or something.

I guess when you're young, people find you weird. Who knows.

It's like one minute you can be completely ignored or completely full of attention. What ever happened to in between?

EDIT: Oh and when I said, the coat had fur, I don't mean, I looked like a pimp or something. I meant it had a little bit on the collar and that's it.

I don't mean fur like this:

link removed

Or even like this:

link removed

Or even even like this:

link removed

I mean like this

link removed

Yes I know that link says ladies, but I bought it at a men's store and it's defiantly a man's style. I was with other people and the confirmed it was mens.

That's the weird part ghost69, I get the really really long stares.

Maybe I have a hell of a lot of men and women interested in me, who knows, LoL.

When I try, they turn me down, maybe I need to go for the starers. (Women). LoL.

I just know that I would not personally stare at a guy, to me that's odd, and I wouldn't or at least would try not to stare at a girl, especially if I didn't have any interest in her.

Maybe people I'm around are just weird, LoL.

I guess people staring at you, can have many possibilities.

Ok, for you to KNOW they are staring, you are looking at them too no? So maybe they look at you for a sec and b/c you just KEEP on staring so do they. QUit staring back at the men, ignore em.

Yeah, maybe you are all right. But to the one person, I just remembered, that I did have my "fur" coat on that day. Yet a guy like 50-60, while not even looking at him at all, stared like 20 minutes while I was on the subway. I tried not to look at him at all, but others were telling me how he was staring as well.

I kinda like it when women stare at me, especially ones I find attractive. To me that's more towards the normal side. Attractive (to me) women can stare at me all they want. They can undress me with their eyes if they really want to. I don't care. I know I'm exaggerating here, but I'm just trying to make a point that some staring, like an older guy just staring a hole through a young guy, is jut a tad bit creepy, at least in my opinion. Maybe others, maybe others even here, find it cool and the new fad, but I don't.

Archived