Can a guy be more attractive to a one sex than another?

RedPenguin

Well, a lot of this I think is in your head, I'm sorry to say. No one stares at someone straight for twenty minutes. I'm a decently attractive girl, and no one stares for twenty minutes, it pretty much isn't possible. This is a complete exaggeration. And no, its not some hip new fad all the 60 year olds are into (how exactly would a 'staring fad' come about exactly?). I'd just let it go. You are waiting and expecting people to be staring at you. Usually the certainty that people are staring is paranoia (even though you seem to like it), not fact. You also mention people staring at others of your acquaintance, including your mother. Are you sure you aren't just overanalyzing simple everyday interactions? If you are noticing it in others, no, it is not your animal magnetism that is drawing the eyes of the masses.

Maybe it is just me, but my cousin tells me how people stare at her in my city. My mother tells me how people stare at her. I seem to have "experiences". Also, other members of my family have told me how they "have had" people stare at them.

Maybe my entire family is going insane or just paranoid, but I find it extremely odd that so many people I know, would all randomly experience the same thing. That's just really really weird in my opinion.

It maybe wasn't a 20 minute stare but it was like, the whole time I was on the subway, I was told by others with me, that this one guy just keeps looking again and again. Maybe we all were going insane or all paranoid. Who knows.

How can so many people be experiencing the same thing? I just don't get it?

But we've all had people stare at us. Its part of life. Where are you and your family from? You are in a different city, where you perhaps seem different for whatever reason. People very well may stare at you, but what I think is different for you is your propensity to think that this is a social aberration, as opposed to the fact that people look at other people all the time, and you are attuning your sense to pick up people staring instead of ignoring them. I don't think that this is really resolvable. People look at other people. I stared at people today. The women at the cash register, the homeless man on the corner who is missing a leg, the hot guy walking his prissy dog, the overwrought mother with her baby and grocery bags, the guy sitting in front of his antique shop smoking a cigarette, the window washer guy, the couple sitting at a table in the coffee shop, she with her pink cardigan, he in corduroy slacks................ so many people. I looked at them, I thought about them, then I looked at someone else.... Its not a sign of anything. You are part of the crush of humanity, as are your family. Get used to it.

When i zone out on the train, i can look blankly into space and not notice anyone. Quite a few times people thought i had been staring at them for the entire train journey home.

Also, when you are in a new city or unfamiliar surroundings you become acutely sensitive and aware of things and people around you. It is a survival mechanism within you that focuses intently on anything or one that seems out of the normal, including the feeling of being threatened (staring is a form of threatening/challenging behaviour).

but you said when you see girls you just sit and ponder. you don't make many moves. so i don't get the impression they find you full of energy.

Well I'm happy as * * * * .

Basically, this cute girl that that I was interested in my friend class, is now in my class.

Now at first, she just seemed to daydream in my direction, so I figured, talk to her see what's going on and I noticed my friend talking to her, so I said go in there, and even though she was leaving, I told her see ya later and have a good one.

Though the next class I got luckily, I got to talk to her during break, and she was incredibly nice to my friend and I while talking to her. Then she started to look at me again after.

But after class was the interesting part, basically my friend invited her to his party and we exchanged contact info with her, she said yes with no hesitation, even said she can request a day off work. She gave us her cell phone number like it was nothing.

I noticed with her, while her, my friend, and I were talking, she seemed to look at me mostly, and seemed to just daydream at me again.

But one thing I really noticed was, she was basically saying yes to any get together that my friend and I offered. Again even saying about even taking off work.

I am not sure if she still has a boyfriend or not, but when my friend said she can be the the newest member of our team (my friend, I, and another friend) and I said she would definitely be the prettiest one, my friend agreed, and she got a little embarrassed/nervous.

But when I see her next class, I will have to see what happens, but appearntly she will be at the party of my friends, which is in a little bit, so it will be easier to talk to her than in class where the teacher so far teaches the class the whole time.

I think the last two classes went well, and I'm kinda surprised that it went so well. I could be wrong, but it seems like it's going a tad well with this girl. She didn't act rude or ignorant like most of the girls that I end up running in to, a lot.

No the party hasn't been yet. It will not be until March. But yes, you are right. I'm going to make my move(s) on Friday, the next time I see her.

okay about the party. and good, make a move. get the number for yourself. cellphone or not. do not wait until the party to start making your moves.

Archived