Valentines Day!

It is a money making scheme. And let me tell you something from experience: don't miss it! If you don't feel like supporting the commercial side of the holiday, take her to a park and grill her hamburgers (climate permitting), take a shop class and weld her a sculpture. Don't blow it off for idealistic reasons, you can do romantic things that don't feed the machine.

If you do two minutes of research on the internet you will see that not just companies make money on valentine's day - many individuals also do. Sure, like any other holiday some take advantage of it to make money. I celebrate it when I have an SO but I am mellow about it these days and have been for a long time - no grand expectations!

Do people actually celebrate Valentines Day? Or do you think its just another money making scheme for companies?

when there's someone special in my life i do.

and always gotta send my mother something of course.

Of course its overcomercialized all that, but who cares? Its not like they're forcing you to go plop a grand on some ugly piece of jewerly. I bet lots of women would be just as happy with a handmade frame and a picture or something.

Yeah i like it! When i've got a SO that is. If single - it sucks! I'm sure depression rates increase around mid-february becuz ppl feel worthless if they're single at valentines day, and all the restaurants are filled with hot happy couples...

But yeah, when i've got a SO i enjoy it v much! If single... i hate hearing about it tbh.

It is a nice Valentines day, because it allows for romance and time put aside to just be together that is hard to find normally. Its just about you 2. And its a time for romance and love to perhaps move to the next level. Perhaps to say those three little words (no not ''i hate you''!~)

Yes, it is a commercial holiday and I don't buy into the hype around it. But I use it as it should be used: Just another excuse to tell my g/f I love her. I don't buy tons of sappy Valentine's Day cards or chocolates or anything, but everyone likes to be told they're loved. Usually it's a nice dinner either at home, or out, or at a picnic. A hike, bike ride, whatever. Doesn't mean you have to go buy Hallmarks' products!

Archived