Its been another 4 days of NC so far, and I just know he's going to text or email me soon as I still have a few things of his at the house that I know he wants back - so, my question is...

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to be rude to him and ignore his message. I don't want to be grumpy with him. Am I meant to act all happy to hear from him or what?

I'm still at the stage where I want him back, although I'm sure that'll never happen now but if there is 1% chance he might still care for me I don't want to ruin it by giving the wrong reaction.

Advice??

Its been another 4 days of NC so far, and I just know he's going to text or email me soon as I still have a few things of his at the house that I know he wants back - so, my question is...

What am I supposed to do? I don't want to be rude to him and ignore his message. I don't want to be grumpy with him. Am I meant to act all happy to hear from him or what?

I'm still at the stage where I want him back, although I'm sure that'll never happen now but if there is 1% chance he might still care for me I don't want to ruin it by giving the wrong reaction.

Advice??

Hi Lost for words,

I would mail the things to him if possible and practical.

As far as the contact I would be more or less neutral... not sad, happy or anything neccesarily, and, unless he volunteers or strikes up other convo, I'd stick to the business of his things.

Best wishes

Jeff

So - the text message came today, as I expected.

He said he thought we should get these last few bits of his sorted if at all possible.

I left it an hour or so then emailed to say yeah, we should. Told him I'd leave the garage open for him to collect his stuff during his lunch break on Monday, and to take care.

He then replied saying that was fine, could I just let him know Monday morning that thats what I've done and he'll come over.

Not a single hint of him missing me. That made me really sad. I guess after Monday that really will be it. He'll have no reason whatsoever to contact me again after that.

The end of 3 wonderful years (in my eyes).

Archived