I was just wondering what the first date after the breakup was like for people?

How long before that 1st date?

How did it feel?

Did any thoughts of the ex pop into your head?

What about the next relationship? Same questions.

Thanks

my first date after my last breakup it was basically:

"wow, this girl isn't psycho! this is great!"

but other people's experience might vary. breakups are different for everyone.

After I was broke up with my last boyfriend, I didn't cope well with dating others at all.... Woah, thats the understatement of the year.

I couldn't focus on someone new, all I could do was think of him.

As a matter of fact, the first few times being out with a guy, I did the back door trick... got up went to the ladies room and out threw the back door.

Very immature I know, but I really didn't have anything to say. I'm very bad at good byes.

Went on a date almost 4 months after the break-up. I hated it. All I could think about was the ex.

I've met someone new. I have to admit that I like this new person. I could see her being a great friend, but talking to her makes me think of and miss the ex even more. I've been honest. I've told her that I am not over my ex. She says that she'd still like to be friends and see where it goes.

The ex left me for someone else. So, why do I feel as if talking to someone else is cheating?

[QUOTE=heartbrokenFloridiot;1882459]Went on a date almost 4 months after the break-up. I hated it. All I could think about was the ex.

I've met someone new. I have to admit that I like this new person. I could see her being a great friend, but talking to her makes me think of and miss the ex even more. I've been honest. I've told her that I am not over my ex. She says that she'd still like to be friends and see where it goes.

The ex left me for someone else. So, why do I feel as if talking to someone else is cheating?[/quote]

I did the same...met someone, liked them. We went out to dinner and I felt terrible. I told her that I was not over my ex. She suggested the friends thing. I agreed. Its easy for me, but she has made it clear that she wants to be more than friends.

Good luck with that!!

Went on a date almost 4 months after the break-up. I hated it. All I could think about was the ex.

The ex left me for someone else. So, why do I feel as if talking to someone else is cheating?

Five months out and any date I've been on makes me feel pretty much like this. I kissed one woman and it made those feeling more intense by many times...which tells me I'm not ready for any sort of intimate involvement with anyone. It sucks but I think dating is a pretty good barometer of how much we've healed. Some people here seem to find dating and new relationships help them move on faster. I'm the exact opposite.

Actually, my first date after the breakup was before the breakup. No, I don't have a time machine, nor was I cheating (I guess). We (kind of?) broke up for a while, during which time I had a date with another. Which sucked so badly that just about the first thing I did when I got home - if not before - after spending a pathetic sexless night at that other girl's place was to contact the Main One - the Enchantress, The Wizard, a True Star, you name it - I still think and feel about her as the One.

Some time later, we kinda negotiated oruselves back into the relationship.

Which sucked.

Then she left me. Again. Which sucked.

Been a couple of months - no dating. Which sucks. I guess. Well, I actually don't know. The very fact that I'm single is okay, it's just that my being so afraid of dating sucks.

So that's my little sucky story.

Can you say "suck" here and not get an email from above?

Archived