How do you NOT have your period on your honeymoon?

So...I have the most irregular period EVER! it basically comes any random day of the moth. And I am so concerned about having it ruin my wedding night that I haven't even set a date yet I don't want to use birth control as a permanent form of birth control but is there any way I can take a few pills a couple days before the wedding to stop my period (if I have it on my wedding day) or is there any other way to stop it? how about a diaphragm? sorry...dumb question. But thanx for reading

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have 0% body fat on me lol i still have my F------ period!!!!!!

the only way is birth controll pills. you take the pack for a 2nd month in a row and you should skip your period. just make sure its timed right. if you also start taking birth control it can control your period.

hahah. I am sure you do not have 0% body fat, you would not be alive. You can get yourself tested at the gym.

you don't even really have to time it right. it is ok to skip the week of placebo pills and just start the next pack, and you won't have your period during that week. it's perfectly safe to do.

yup the good ole birth control is prob. the only thing that MAY stop your period if taken within enough time period...You will def. not be able to stop it by taking something a few days before your wedding..I agree go to doc and hopefully see if you have enough time left to prevent it..have a nice wedding

taking the birth control pill continuously doesn't always work either. I remember once on holiday doing that. I had my 3 weeks on the pill, then I started taking the next pack right away thinking it would stop my period.

Ha!

didn't work, my period just came anyway, even while taking the pill. so I had a sexless last week of my holiday!

Usually my periods are bang on arrival when on the pill.. I guess it just knew and decided to come anyway.

many reasons. Because I know that not EVERY pill will have these side effects but every pill will have some of them and they are all terrible! over emotionalness/moodiness (which I already have) spotting or irregular bleeding,decreased libido (which most have) and weight gain (which most have) not to mention increase risks of breast cancer and other things. I have had bad experinces with them and I don't like the fact that you have to suffer for at least 2-3 months on one before the doc will try you on a new one. Switching hormon pills like that mess with me emotionally and I want to be able to enjoy my engagement without my personality yo-yoing every two months while I switch pills. And then finally get on some and not even feel like having sex, or being super moody or over weight.

If you aren't able to stop it. Maybe you should look into buying a box of link removed. I dunno how leak proof they are but it might be a good backup plan. Might work if you stick in a clean one before sex.

Wearing INSTEAD® Softcup® during your period, you and your partner can enjoy "clean sex"and he won't even feel it's there! (Note: the INSTEAD® Softcup® is NOT a contraceptive!)

Leave it to me to know about the oddest things.

If you aren't able to stop it. Maybe you should look into buying a box of link removed. I dunno how leak proof they are but it might be a good backup plan. Might work if you stick in a clean one before sex.

Leave it to me to know about the oddest things.

I wonder if that's as good as using a diaphragm?

hEY it would JUST UTTERLY SUCK IN GENERAL to be on your period on the night of your wedding. even on your wedding day. YOUR WEARING A WHITE DRESS!!!! having to go change a tampon every here and there during the reception. i could totally understand, the day i get married that will be my one fear, being on my period lol. just my luck n it may happen EHH!! lol

hEY it would JUST UTTERLY SUCK IN GENERAL to be on your period on the night of your wedding. even on your wedding day. YOUR WEARING A WHITE DRESS!!!! having to go change a tampon every here and there during the reception. i could totally understand, the day i get married that will be my one fear, being on my period lol. just my luck n it may happen EHH!! lol

That's why I am so glad that I am using a Diva cup...I can go 8 hours without changing it. YAY!!!

Archived