Boooo!!!!!

I had my first class today at my uni and I didn't make any new friends and im a commuter so i just went home defeated. sometimes i wish i could afford the room fees and live on campus, life would be so much easier and i would have a lot of friends. they would force to be my friends like the ppl at work and we would have to hang out at school all day together because we're all bored and then watch tv together at night or go out drinking. i have great friends at work because we're all stuck there for 8 hours a day and we have to eat lunch together and forced to know each other. im so lonely when i go to school and it sucks hard! My life sucks!

Hey, sorry to hear about your rough first day.

Remember, it's your first day. Tomorrow always brings something new. Just keep at it. I'm a commuter myself and I am hardly around campus. But I have a close net of friends and even professors who will personally talk to me about anything from classes, to dating, to even marriages.

Again, keep at it, and eventually you will be given opportunities. Post away your thoughts here. We'll be around

puff, don't feel defeated--i had my first class today and didn't make any friends either--BUT it's only the first day! Once you get more comfortable around the people in your class, everyone will warm up and you'll make friends... it usually takes me several classes before befriending someone. Just give it a little time

puff, don't feel defeated--i had my first class today and didn't make any friends either--BUT it's only the first day! Once you get more comfortable around the people in your class, everyone will warm up and you'll make friends... it usually takes me several classes before befriending someone. Just give it a little time

i like to start early and ambush everyone but it didn't happen today

Hi Puff.

You want people forced to be your friend?

Do you shower often?

How about joining some clubs or something?

what kind of clubs? im afraid of crowds.

ohhhhh your a commuter

that sucks hard...........very hard, its not impossible too be friends tho, friends sorta just happened

think about all the people you considered friends in the past

did you walk up too them and start talking or did it just happen?

it just happens but it doesn't happen enough.

I commute too. It's terrible. I actually just stopped showing up to school the last few semesters because it was so dismal. I've gotten 10 credits in two years, and dropped out of 2 schools.

The semester starts next Wednesday. I'm trying to stay optimistic and just be friendly and outgoing if it kills me.

Just try to stay upbeat and keep going at it. Things can't exactly get worse, can they?

Like everyone else has already said, it is just the first day. And just because you're a commuter doesn't mean you have to leave the campus immediately after class. Linger on the campus for a while. Im sure you guys have a student center or something like that, right? On my campus, we have a game room in the student center. Its a great place to meet people. Also, when you're sitting in your classes, check out the other students and find someone you think you would be comfortable with. Strike up a conversation about something so simple as whether or not they'd heard anything about the professor such as if he/she is difficult or not, gives a lot reports, etc. Sometimes that eases things.

Uh, give it some time. I lived on campus for two and a half years. I didn't really have difficulty making friends, but that was only because my current friends are pretty outgoing people.

They literally came to me. But anyway. You're definitely not going to make friends on the first day of classes (that sort of happened to me, but only because my friend literally forced me out of my shell). All of my other friends...it took months to become comfortable with. Plus, I didn't make any of my friends in class.

My advice is to join some clubs. That's a better, less stressful atmosphere than class (where you're really just sitting, taking notes for an hour or so). As for clubs, join something associated with your academics or interests. It's not a sure-fire solution, but it's a start. Also, be prepared to not make friends; sometimes, it just doesn't happen.

At least you have friends from work, though.

Hey puff,

Im moving to a new school in Sept. Im not going to be in one particular year- more doing a combination of 3 years. How hard do you think it is going to be for me? Im not even going to be with the same people all the time!

Im living on campus, so hopefully my flat mates will be nice and I can make friends with them, but Im hoping to join a few sports teams and I'll make friends there hopefully.

Chin up, it should get better. I'm not looking to make friends on the first day, if I speak to anyone then thats going to be impressive bcoz Im so shy with new people!

Hk87

Archived