Shy People

Ktgurl04

Do you find shy people attractive at all? I mean, would you date someone that's quiet? Personally I'm shy and I find that to be so annoying. It takes me a bit to warm up to someone and most people just arn't willing to put in the time. They judge me based on the first time they meet me. They see me as shy and quiet and i don't have much to say. But if they only just took some more time, they would see that I am outgoing. I'm just like that around new people.

i persoanlly am attracted to a woman who has that loud swag too her.......that confidence, that loud mouth style........

but i notice shy women......dated one be4.........took her awile to open up

i found it extreamly pleasuring that she was shy talking to me and she would blush uncontroablly

but when it comes to intamacy i gotta have an aggressive confident girl.........

my sig says it all

RIP MY CLOTHES OFF SLATHER ME UP IN COOKING OIL SLAP ME AND TELL ME IM PRETTY ITS A HUGE TURN ON

u not gonna get that from a shy girl

It depends.

There was this one girl who over the course of nearly 8 months of daily contact, we finally worked up to having actual conversations. At that point, I was the only guy she would talk to. Many considered her stuck up, or perhaps even mute, because they didn't know her. But as she warmed up to me, she was a really neat person. I really enjoyed talking with her, but things just didn't work out.

On the other hand, I have a friend who I've known for nearly 15 years, and still all I can get out of her is yes or no answers, and rarely a full-sentence. Yet, her friends and family say she's more open to me than to any other guys, but that's really just too shy for me.

The first girl is about as shy as I'm willing to go for. Already I consider the first girl an extreme; the second I conside an extreme of the extreme.

But in general, I definitely prefer shy girls. In fact, almost every girl I've gone out with as been the shy type, in some form.

But, because I'm shy, things usually work best when she isn't shy--at least, not around me. So I guess the perfect girl would be shy meeting new people, but open and friendly in established relationships.

I have to answer that question by saying, I don't know.

Typically, I don't notice people that are extremely shy. It isn't intentional, but that's how it is. I am more likely to notice people that are a bit more outspoken, I am very outspoken myself. Perhaps I should reevaluate that behavior. Who know what I am missing?

As far as I know about shy girls, for example. It is sometimes annoying that there are several communicational problems, but if I really like the person, I'll try to get her to be more open...

I don't like people who are that shy that they would run away even if you ask them a simple question, like I know a guy whom I once asked if he had a cigarette and he started to shake, looked on the ground and ran away from me, he's even afraid to walk nearby somebody whom he doesn't know...

It depends where the shyness comes from and how hard it is to "get through." At times I have found quieter people/shy people to have more insight because they listen more than they speak. I get burnt out pretty fast if someone is too loud/center of attention type.

'Empty vessels make the most noise' often holds true, in my experience. Profound shyness can be offputting, but initial reserve is a good sign, rather than otherwise. Reserved people don't have designs on you, and can be very observant (they spent the time other people spend gabbing, observing) I don't like someone who gushes all over me.

I'm reserved myself and understand people who are like that better. Although I have many extrovert friends whose company I enjoy greatly too.

Do you find shy people attractive at all? I mean, would you date someone that's quiet? Personally I'm shy and I find that to be so annoying. It takes me a bit to warm up to someone and most people just arn't willing to put in the time. They judge me based on the first time they meet me. They see me as shy and quiet and i don't have much to say. But if they only just took some more time, they would see that I am outgoing. I'm just like that around new people.

I'm in the same boat as you... once I get to know someone I'm very outgoing.. but when I first meet you especially if it's a one on one situation I can be very shy.

but a lot of shy people just come accross as snobs.

That really sucks for us because we are not snobs. Yet we get mistaken for being snobs and are excluded and pushed into an aloof world and thus, remain shy around those people who see us as snobs. Weird circle, huh?

I am afraid that the girl I like... well screw it she has a boyfriend... but anyway she introduced herself to me last friday and we talked twice since then for a total of 9 whole seconds. I think she thinks I am a snob because of how shy I am by barely looking at her.

I can be attracted to a shy girl but if she is so painfully shy that she does not respond when I try to communicate with her over an extended period of tile then I give up. That will give me the impression that she is arrogant. What else am I to think?

• 3 months later...

I'm also like you. I think because I am shy, I appreciate other shy people. I can relate to them. If I know a guy is shy I think that's cute. I can sympathize with him and understand. I do think that louder, more extrovert people may not 'get' shy people so much as us though.

I'm so awkward when I first meet people usually! Around my good friends though, I'm really open and silly. I find that some people don't want to take the time to get to know me and that kind of sucks, but I guess it's their loss.

Really outgoing and pompous people are usually a turn off to me. My last bf was outgoing but now I see I'd probably be more compatible with someone who's a bit more reserved like me.

I think it depends.

I can see shy people for what they are, becuase my brother is PAINFULLY shy... but a lot of shy people just come accross as snobs.

so it depends if hte person you like knows any shy people intimately, imo

Yup.

Some of my friends have told me lots of times that I come accross as arrogant to others. I'm just really quiet.

Archived