He didn't call and he said he would...

music lover 88

I don't understand, I met this guy online, started emailing, and we exchanged phone numbers. We talked on the phone once (he called me), then i didn't know who was supposed to call who, so then I called him after a few days when i didn't hear from him.

It turned out to be a bad time for him, so we set up another time to talk. It was my assumption that he would call, but he didn't. The thing I don't understand is that he was leading me to understand that he was interested in talking to me. Why would he not call me when he said he would, if he was interested in me?

Argh I feel stupid for even debating this.

He couldn't have forgotten, he even wrote me a text after our last conversation, saying he was looking forward to the next time we'd talk.....

Then I replied saying I did too, but I don't think that meant I was supposed to call him. I don't know, I guess its possible he forgot...I just don't see how. The only way I'll really know is if I ask him and find out...but I don't want to feel like I'm chasing him or putting him in a position he doesn't wanna be in.

maybe he already has a gf? maybe he met someone he likes better. maybe his ex just called him wanting to get back together. maybe he just got a job accross the country and he realizes that nothing will happen with you two and he's too much of a wimp to just tell you? maybe he thinks you have an annoying phone voice. maybe he realized he's gay?

there are soooo many possible reasons why he didn't call, seriously, don't waste your time thinking about it. All I can say is, "his loss if he doesn't call you!"

I don't understand, I met this guy online, started emailing, and we exchanged phone numbers. We talked on the phone once (he called me), then i didn't know who was supposed to call who, so then I called him after a few days when i didn't hear from him.

It turned out to be a bad time for him, so we set up another time to talk. It was my assumption that he would call, but he didn't. The thing I don't understand is that he was leading me to understand that he was interested in talking to me. Why would he not call me when he said he would, if he was interested in me?

Hey ML-

Situations like this happen all the time in the oft tipsy turvy world of online dating.

My guess is he's having fun, talking to a bunch of girls, proverbially "playing the field". He met you, talked to you, showed interest, then probably met someone else and is more interested in her, or got back with his ex, etc.

It could be something it could be nothing. This is part of the dating process; people looking around and shuffling through various interest levels in people at various times. This is how it works sorry say...

Now, you can choose to get wrapped around the axle here and let this consume you, or you can choose to shrug your shoulders and think what a moron this guy is for not only not having the character to following through with something he was going to say he would do regardless of interest level, i.e., have some basic courtesy, but for letting a treasure like yourself get away.

No worries. You're still you and there are still millions of other and better guys out there for you. Don't worry about this, just let it go and not let it affect your next interaction with a completely different guy who you hopefully will fit together with nicely.

Archived