All right, let me start at the beginning. This is going to seem kinda strange, but I really could use some help. There's this girl I'm madly in love with, but that isn't the problem at all. The problem is hers, not mine. I really do love whis girl, and I really want to help her, give her advise, but I don't know how. Now let me tell you what's going onwith her (are you confused yet? ) well anyway, she has problems with her family. She's had an abusive family, and her sister drinks and all that stuff (which I think is bad), including one miscarriage that I know of, and isn't married. Her mom married her "dad" after she was born, and she's always wondered about that. I put "dad" in quotation marks, because that's the problem. Her mom won't tell her who her real dad is (thought she's pretty sure it's not the guy she's living with), and she's not sure if it's her sisters dad, or someone completely different! She's nineteen, but can't get her liscense, because she doesn't have her birth certificate, and her mom won't let her have it. And she doesn't know who her biological faterh is anyway. But anyway, she's been really down, and I don't know what do to do to help her. I'm afraid I'll just make anything worse, but she's so pitiful! And we're just friends (I'm in love with her, but she's not in love with me, so we're just fiends), so i can't go over to her house and just have "comfort sex", in case some pervert thought to mention that. ANY help would be appreciated. Thanks a bundle.

Nick

not sure I can offer a lot of help, but since she is over 18, she should be able to get a copy of her own birth certificate, so long as she know where she was born. Wherever she was born, some office holder (city, county or town official) keep the public records and you can get copies by paying a small fee. I've received copies ordered through the internet.