She broke up with me

I guess my question is what I do really that bad? I asked my family and friends if what I do was all that bad and they all said they would of done the exact same! So here I start one day I said I hate how we hardly get to see each other how do you feel like doing a weekly date night? She said that sounds fun but I’m not doing it on purpose. I said I know your not and we started talking about it then all of sudden she didn’t respond to me the whole night which I was kind of like what? But seen her like a picture on Facebook she was tagged in during that time since it was on the top of feed. So I said sorry the way I brought it up but I’m not sorry I want to spend time with you. And still nothing the rest of the night... so I waited until I got to work then I texted her asking are we breaking up? And she said I fell asleep right when I got home but if you’re jumping to conclusion maybe we shouldn’t be together. So I tried working it out with her but nothing from her that whole day... then I texted her the next morning we should be able to talk about this we’re in a relationship then she sent me long paragraphs and thing that really got me was she said I was with guys like you. One cheated on me, one made me feel like a terrible person, and the other ghosted me. So I just said well can we work it out and she said idk what to do... then about a day and half later I get the dreaded break up text.

It sounds to me she has a history of bad relationships that has affected her negatively and that she hasn't recovered from. She is not in a good place to be in a relationship with anyone right now.

You did nothing wrong here, it's perfectly reasonable to express your wants/needs while in a relationship. Her reaction to your expression of your wants/needs is, quite frankly, a huge red flag. You may not realize it now, but this break up is a blessing in disguise for you. People who have not yet emotionally recovered from bad past relationships do not make good partners. As Wiseman2 stated, let her go, this is not the type of person you should be in a relationship with.

It sounds to me she has a history of bad relationships that has affected her negatively and that she hasn't recovered from. She is not in a good place to be in a relationship with anyone right now.

You did nothing wrong here, it's perfectly reasonable to express your wants/needs while in a relationship. Her reaction to your expression of your wants/needs is, quite frankly, a huge red flag. You may not realize it now, but this break up is a blessing in disguise for you. People who have not yet emotionally recovered from bad past relationships do not make good partners. As Wiseman2 stated, let her go, this is not the type of person you should be in a relationship with.

Thank you Jen! I love and care for her and really wish the best for her always! As I knew her for over a year and was a big part of it

@rose Well we went on a trip and then we didn’t see each other for like almost a month. Then she backed out on a date and was my date to a wedding but bailed because she had migraines so I was asking about how we could spend some more time together. She said she was always busy with work, school, and doing stuff for church. She always had time to go to the bar with the girls but never had time to go do something even if it was just for half hour

@rose Well we went on a trip and then we didn’t see each other for like almost a month. Then she backed out on a date and was my date to a wedding but bailed because she had migraines so I was asking about how we could spend some more time together. She said she was always busy with work, school, and doing stuff for church. She always had time to go to the bar with the girls but never had time to go do something even if it was just for half hour

It doesn't sound like you've done anything wrong. What makes you think things are your fault? She just sounds busy or disinterested in dating you (sorry to say that).

Both of you got your wires crossed.

Both of you had a miscommunication problem including verbal and texting. This is something you need to work on in order to be clear and articulate with others including your future relationships. She too, needs to work on improving her communication skills to avoid complicated confusion.

I'm sorry about the break up. Hope you'll have a better match in the future.

Archived