Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: I need someone to talk too

I need someone to talk too

Iíve been dating this older woman for a few months now and things are pretty good but I think that the age gap or something keeps her from opening up to me. We mesh really well together and we have a ball but there are things that she says and certain things that to me says that I shouldnít put forth so much of the effort Iíve been giving and Iím giving a lot. For me to open up to someone was hard for me to do but I did it cause I thought she was worth the risk. Now I feel like Iím wrong.

What is the age gap between the two of you?

It doesn't sound to me like the age between you is necessarily the issue. If you're moving to quick for her, you're moving too quick, regardless of age. As a general rule, you should listen to a partner when they say you are giving too much. It usually translates to them caring about you but feeling overwhelmed or feeling that you are more invested in the relationship than they are. Be careful because these types of issues often lead to a breakup in the long-run.
    Last edited by SGH; 04-20-2019 at 10:35 PM.

Platinum Member
    Why are you focusing on her age? Does the age gap bother you? Or do you have a higher expectation of her because of her age?
    I personally doubt age has anything to do with it, so why not try to remove that blinkered thought and think outside the square?

Why are you so guarded?
    Originally Posted by alex17466
    For me to open up to someone was hard for me to do but I did it cause I thought she was worth the risk.

Need more information here, what's the problem? Tell the full story

Originally Posted by SGH
    What is the age gap between the two of you?

It doesn't sound to me like the age between you is necessarily the issue. If you're moving to quick for her, you're moving too quick, regardless of age. As a general rule, you should listen to a partner when they say you are giving too much. It usually translates to them caring about you but feeling overwhelmed or feeling that you are more invested in the relationship than they are. Be careful because these types of issues often lead to a breakup in the long-run.
    There an 11 year age gap, Iím 31 sheís about to be 42 in a few weeks. Sheís very bold and not of an open book thatís usually the kind of women I date anyway but for some reason the boldness goes away because they donít wanna hurt my feelings cause Iím a ďnice guy.Ē When weíre together weíre like two school kids and we canít keep our hands off one another. But there are certain things she says at times that leave me thinking that sheís anticipating the worst. I know it could all be in my head but i could also be right.

Originally Posted by Billie28
    Why are you focusing on her age? Does the age gap bother you? Or do you have a higher expectation of her because of her age?
    I personally doubt age has anything to do with it, so why not try to remove that blinkered thought and think outside the square?
    Iím not she is in a way, sheís also voiced it to me. I donít give a crap about her age. I thought she was at least in her mid 30ís when we met. She definitely doesnít look her age but at the same time nither do I. Iím 31 and I can pass for a high school kid. The oldest I look is 24. I actually really like her. The only reason why Iím writing about her is cause I do

Give Advice
Ask For Advice