How to overcome nostalgy

successthis

Hello,

Do you think that it is strange that I feel an emptiness in my stomach, like a hole or sadness, everytime I smell something that reminds me of a place where I have met somebody I fell in love with (even though the love was platonic). Is this related with something? I am very aware of smells though, and today I just felt the smell of a place which reminded me of everything that I have passed there. It is very nostalgic, though in a way that I dont know how to explain. Is it good to feel that nostalgic or I should learn to not care about past?

Nostalgia is fine, but if you find yourself dwelling in the past, it means you aren't fulfilled in the present. If you don't know where to start on steps to fulfilling your goals, I recommend the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It helped me to think more positively and pointed out how my thoughts created the actions needed for me to achieve my goals.

Nostalgia is fine, but if you find yourself dwelling in the past, it means you aren't fulfilled in the present. If you don't know where to start on steps to fulfilling your goals, I recommend the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. It helped me to think more positively and pointed out how my thoughts created the actions needed for me to achieve my goals.

I have read that book, a good one. Probably need to reread again. I looks like the lessons from these books only last temporarily (my father once told me that)

A little nostalgia is fine, but too much can be troublesome. If it gets overwhelming then you should talk to someone abot it.

It is strong but doesn't happen very often at least. I think it reminds me of the bad times of an unrequited love with somebody who was so closed to me. So, maybe I am still sometimes unhappy because of that. I am doing too many things in my life now, like studying, working, playing sports and maybe this keeps me alive somehow. Hope with time it will resolve itself and somebody will substitute what I missed in my past. But something is sure, I dont fill fulfilled at all.

Archived