After resigning, I find it hard to get a job again

Qwerty55

As you all know, I resigned from an insurance company 2 weeks ago because it was making me depressed. Currently, I feel pressured again that I am looking for a job because I've been unemployed for 8 months (excluding the insurance company that I only started for 2 weeks) and all of my college friends have jobs. I don't have financial problems but I want a job because I want to be productive and earn my own money. The companies I applied recently, most of them are not interested on me. There was one where I had a lot of competitors. Two days ago I applied at this company and they were really interested to have me as a personal assistant but I found out I had to take care of the CEO's dogs and cats and run various errunds OUTSIDE clerical tasks. Anyways, just today I had another interview and I doubt they will hire me. I have another two tomorrow and on Monday it fears me they won't hire me. I'm just frustrated to the point I might not find a job forever.

I think that you need to stop being so dramatic about finding a job. The attitude serves no purpose. I don;t know why you would never find anything.

Also, if you don;t like the jobs being offered, then return to school.

In the future, do not leave a job, unless you have another lined up.

Two days ago I applied at this company and they were really interested to have me as a personal assistant but I found out I had to take care of the CEO's dogs and cats and run various errunds OUTSIDE clerical tasks.

that is exactly what a PERSONAL assistant does. An executive assisted sets appointments and types up documents.

Hi Qwerty55,

Could any of your friends help you out? Perhaps by passing your CV to their contacts and whatnot? Anyhow, you are being interviewed so that's a good start.

I wish you the very best during your job hunt and I hope you find something suitable soon!

Some of my friends are still unemployed. While others, well, they work at a government and I don't have the license to work at a government.

Thank you.

The better decision was to find another job for yourself and then quit the current one. But you didn't do that. So this time it would be hard to find out a new job.

Yeah. I will probably have to take note of that before I leave my job the next time I wanna resign.

Two days ago I applied at this company and they were really interested to have me as a personal assistant but I found out I had to take care of the CEO's dogs and cats and run various errunds OUTSIDE clerical tasks.

that is exactly what a PERSONAL assistant does. An executive assisted sets appointments and types up documents.

If it paid mega bucks - it would have been worth it. Rock stars have personal assistants, just sayin

Archived