she was obsessed with me but stopped?

I met this girl online for 10 months now, she was really attached to me when we first met, she would always find ways to interact with me and changes her profile picture to something that I would like or something that's similar to me. She was constantly chasing me and would appear online every time I go online and goes offline once I do so. The weird part is, it seems like she's too shy to tell me about it and it seems like she hasn't told anyone else yet, almost like a secret to herself. As for me, I like her too but I don't like the idea of being in a relationship with someone that I haven't met IRL, and she lives in the opposite world as I do, so I just did nothing the entire 10 months but played 'games' with her, like giving the feelings of head over heels to each other, constantly giving out signs, smoke signals etc. Recently, she stopped doing that, she stopped going online, she changed her profile to something she usually wouldn't do, and she left a group chat that we were together in, almost like she's over me now. At first I was surprised, but now it's turning into being sad, you really don't miss something until it's gone, I miss her presence, her chasing me, following me, and going online when I go online, now that's gone and I feel like it will be that way forever. I cried for a few days and still can't get that sad empty feeling off of me, like something you love just disappeared off of your life and you miss it so much. Because of this, my appetite went down, motivation went down, all I want to do is think about what exactly just happened, what caused her to leave me like that, and looking at the messages we sent each other and crying thinking about the memories we had with each other. How can I move on from this?

In order to move on you need to acknowledge that what you experienced was a fantasy in your head. You've never met this woman, and even if there was some flirtatious banter exchanged, you didnt have a legitimate relationship. I doubt you would be seriously describing her going on and offline when you do, as if it meant anything, if there was any significant connection to speak of. Stop chasing people online and work to make connections in person, locally. The fact that you're crying over a complete stranger indicates you have some serious emotional issues that need to be worked on with a therapist.

"As for me, I like her too but I don't like the idea of being in a relationship with someone that I haven't met IRL, and she lives in the opposite world as I do, so I just did nothing the entire 10 months but played 'games' with her, like giving the feelings of head over heels to each other, constantly giving out signs, smoke signals etc."

There's always an ending to a game. someone is going to lose or you both do.

Give it time.

You live on opposite sides of the world and got smacked in the face with reality. It's okay to be sad. Just don't let it consume you. It wouldn't ever really happen so why get hopes up? it's possible she may feel the same way about relationships.

Personally, when I get feelings of being head over heels for someone, I want it IRL not a digital boyfriend. If it's not going to really happen what is the point of staying infatuated? what would have happened if you met someone? Would you still do those things like sending smoke signals and signs?

You could always send her a message to get your answers.

I can understand the emotions that can come from a virtual ‘relationship’. I was in one two years ago and it feels real because you’re telling them everything about you that you couldn’t in normal dating life. So I can see the attachment on some level.

I do know from experience op that it’s nothing but a fantasy and you got addicted. I think you need to accept the fact it’s over and wasn’t real! Once you do then start dating real people you can touch and kiss and be face to face. Sooo much better! Trust me!

This is not a real relationship, OP. You have no idea who you have really been talking to. Did you ever see her live on webcam/Skype/FaceTime? If not, you have to understand that the picture she painted for you might be entirely inaccurate. Heck, she could be married, or a man, or a young teen. The point is that you don't know.

Instead, focus on figuring out why you attached yourself so strongly to a fantasy. That is concerning and merits much deeper reflection than why this mystery person disappeared.

Archived