Confused... should i stay or end?

Qwerty55

I'm in a LDR relationship for a month and it's really draining. There are times I just wanna end it but there are times I still wanna stay because part of me loves this person. Whenever I try to say I wanna leave him, his words make me weak and wanna love him. The other reason why I cant leave is because he has plane tickets on the way and he's expected to come here in 45 days. However, the past month has really been draining me. I cry a lot in my bedroom alone because we always fight. We fight because of cultural differences and how we are far apart.

My question is, should I end this because it's already draining me and make me tired? Or should I be patient and endure waiting for him for 45 days and see how it goes?

If you're already drained after a month, you likely should end it. Long distance relationships are very difficult, and you need to be 100% in to make them work. You've already got one foot out the door, and sound like you're staying to avoid grief. Believe me, I understand why, but you're prolonging the inevitable. Both of you will eventually move on and hopefully find local partners instead.

Does your parents know you met some dude online who you've only known a month who makes you cry and is suppose to be coming to see you in 45 days (not sure what "plane tickets on the way means?) I ask because you sound very young and dependent on others if you are unable to just tell someone you've never met not to contact you again.

I agree with ThatwasThen; Qwerty, take a deep breath, stop and think!

You have never even met this man (in person) why do you allow him such control over your emotions like this?

I mean crying every night, the fighting? Come on now girl, get a hold of yourself.

I understand on-line connections and how intriguing/compelling they can sometimes be, but what appears to be going on here goes way beyond what anyone would consider healthy, functional, rational or "normal."

Tell him you're sorry, but you don't think you're a good fit, the distance is too great, wish him well and move on!

I sense the only reason you're not doing that is because he's scheduled to visit, please don't allow guilt prevent you from doing what you KNOW in your heart is the best thing for not only you, but him too.

Good luck!

Have you met in person before? What are the cultural differences? Language? Religion? What are the fights about? Just end things. It's not working at all.

I'm in a LDR relationship for a month. We fight because of cultural differences and how we are far apart.

I ended it because I dont feel valued anymore. I always wait for his messages and it takes him hours to reply. His excuse is he's busy and I understand he has an individual life but its tiring he's always like that. Sometimes, he isnt even the same guy I first knew online. His personality changed into a complete 180°. He used to be so consistent on messaging me but now he's not the same guy anymore. That's why I had to end it. He was also showing some narcissist personality.

In short: he's not keeping this relationship alive.

It's best not to engage in online romances for this reason. When there is no in-person meeting or interaction this is the result. Suspicion, watching the clock for responses, most of the good or bad built up in your mind, etc. Get on some dating apps and date local culturally compatible men.

I always wait for his messages and it takes him hours to reply. he isnt even the same guy I first knew online.He used to be so consistent on messaging me.
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there. I've been on an LDR for 5 months but the difference is he is very responsive and replies fast but he still broke my heart and ghosted me.

he was the one who seem positive and say we will find a way to make it work but it still failed.

he sounds very suspicious already for me being a month being together

i suggest you cut it already before you fall hard and invest more emotions like i do.

moving on is difficult too. but i hope you heal quick i end up wallowing and being so depressed because i thought i found the one

It is near impossible and only daydreaming to be with someone you have not met irl. You can just go with the flow but you will often question yourself for it? I do understand that sometimes we randomly find someone that connect with instantly like no other. I don't blame you. Cry if you need to let it all out. Long distance or irl things still hurt when you feel you have that unique connection with someone.

Archived