Drunk called my ex after 7 months!

I drunk called my ex after not speaking for 7 months following a bad breakup and now I'm confused about how I feel, please help.

Starting with some background first. My ex boyfriend and I were together for 4 years, we got along well and we were getting serious. We are both 23 now, had planned to travel together for a year and had spoken about marriage etc.

I broke up with him 7 months ago after finding out he had been unfaithful. He had been sexting and meeting up with other girls in secret for the duration of the final year of our relationship. He begged me to forgive him but I cut ties with him and moved across the world knowing I deserved better.

We didn't end on good terms and I kept myself from talking to him as I felt so betrayed. I thought I'd moved on until a few nights ago I was drunk and walking home alone when I felt unsafe with drunk men catcalling me etc. I tried to ring my friend, mum and sister to talk. No one picks up so I rang him (no idea why!!). He picked up and I told him why I rang he said "I will always pick up if it's you that's ringing me, just talk to me until I know you're safe." I kept the conversation light but towards the end he started telling me how he knew he had to change and regrets what he did, then asking when I would be back from Australia. We talked for over 30 minutes and haven't communicated since.

I'm confused about my feelings for him now. I thought I was moving on but now I miss him, I miss talking to him and just having him in my life. I've dated and met other guys but I don't get on with them as well as I did with my ex.

What do I do now? Do I send him a message? Will he message me?

How can I figure out my feelings when I'm on the other side of the world from him?

How can I move on and maintain some sort of friendship?

I'm not sure how I feel, or how to properly get over him.

Thank you so much for the help!

Sorry this is happening. As you know this isn't about your ex at all. It's about not adjusting well to your new environment, feeling homesick, lonely and not dating anyone local. Cease all contact with him. Do not try to be friends. Make new friends. Date new men. He cheated, you moved on rightfully so and he's not interested. Delete and block him from all messaging and social media, that and no contact are the only things that will help you move forward and start dating new faithful, decent, local men.

together for 4 years. We are both 23. I broke up with him 7 months ago after finding out he had been unfaithful.

i agree with wiseman....

don't use this moment of weakness to derail your efforts.

let it go for now.....

you are both young and a lot can happen in the future.

the future..... like years from now when you've both evolved away from each other.

So you're both 23...still young. He was unfaithful? Don't doubt your decision.

I'd get away from him if I were you. You were just missing what you had. You're not longing for what you could possibly have with him anymore. That's an illusion that you're trying not to look past to.

Do yourself a favor and don't contact him again. You're better off alone and finding a new partner who won't cheat on you than coming back together with him with the possibility of him cheating on you again.

UNLESS you want that senseless emotional pain / rollercoaster. Pick your poison.

You say you have "no idea why you called him" but after a 30 minute conversation you're "confused about your feelings".

I know you're young but it'll help you a lot if you're honest with yourself.

You weren't black out drunk, you remember every detail of the night it seems, you were walking home on your own and you vividly remember the conversation. At best you had lowered inhibitions, but that call was made with all your mental faculties on board.

A girl missing her ex or reckless drunk. I'd rather be option A.

Sorry for being so long winded, my point is you don't suddenly have confusing feelings you either never faced them or they were always there, but the truth is he cheated on you and said a couple of pretty words to you and now you're back on the hook. Don't do that to yourself! And don't allow yourself to fall into these excuses, it sets you back to square one and that's not a fun place to be. You gotta start healing dear, that means letting go even when drunk. 😉

Archived