Where do I stand with this guy?

ItsJust

Hi there,

So I'm basically going to describe my situation from the beginning. So I met this new guy who started working in my workplace just before Christmas. I began to have a small crush on him and on the night of our staff Christmas Party we kissed. We were texting the next day and continued to text all week until we saw each other again the next week at a staff meal. We chatted and were flirting at the meal but that was it. It was then Christmas week and we were texting each other every day and then one night I was out and he was also out. I ended up spending the whole night with him, we danced, had fun and also kissed at the end of the night. The next few days we continued to text and then he asked me out on a date. We went bowling and for a meal. I had a really fun time on the date and literally when I got home from the date we were texting say how much of a good night we had and we should do it again. We then started back at work the next week and it was a little bit awkard in work between us. I was very shy and nervous around him but we chatted a little bit in work. I then asked him if he wanted to meet up for a coffee one day after work which he said he would love to. So we went for coffee, I had a really fun time. There was chatting and flirting and then a peck on the cheek when I was leaving. He had already texted me before I even arrived home after the date. We continued texting for another few days while also chatting at work. But then everything between us just kinda stopped. We still continued to chat in work but we didnt really text as often. We were meant to meet up last sunday for a work event thing but he couldnt come due to family reasons but he still seemed interested in me as he continued to text me. Then on friday just gone we were all out again for another staff night out and he was there. We chatted and stuff at the bar but I was quite drunk in comparison to him. I then texted him yesterday being like 'I'm so sorry if i was annoying you last night, I was a bit drunk... etc.' I made a joke out of it. He replied, I replied back but I have heard nothing since. I am just getting very mixed signals from this guy. It was going so so good at the beginning. But then just kinda stopped. I have texted him first a few times and he does reply and continue on with the conversation, flirting with me etc. But I just dont know if this is going anywhere or if he just isnt interested any more. I have really fallen for this guy and I would love to know if he would still be interested in going on dates or not. I am too afraid to tell him how I feel as we work together I think it would be awkward and a bit too full on from my part. I am still waiting on a reply from him but I do not think I will get it from the message I sent yesterday. Do you think I should just keep hope that something will happen or just cut him off and move on? All advice is appreciated.

If he's not pursuing you then don't bother with him.

Besides, it's a bad move to date someone you work with. You're already feeling awkward around him so imagine how awful it would be if you took this further and he started to go cold on you.

If a guys not jonseing to be with you then count him as history. If he picks up interest again, do NOT go to bed with him until you're brave enough to ask him for commitment/exclusivity. Anyway, it's really best to just give up on him since you work with him.

It just seems like he has had loads of chances to ask you out again and he isn't. You were the last one to ask him out so for now, I would just let it go. He knows how to get a hold of you and he knows that you're interested. If he likes you, he will ask you out again.

In the meantime try not to focus so much on it.

Agree as well that dating someone at work is a very bad idea because of exactly whats going on now. If it doesn't work or if you fall out, it is more than awkward to have to face them everyday and you should never mix personal and work. Work is work, find someone outside of work that won't make things confusing, awkward and distracting.

Archived