Trying to figure out my ex

notalone1900

Hi there,

So I dated a guy for about 6 months - in the end he would bail a lot and generally didn't show too much interest. Things were great when we actually went out but that was about once every two weeks. I was looking for more and when I approached the subject he said he didn't want a relationship. So, we ended things.

Fast forward a few months, we will still occasionally text. When he's out he will often text me that he'd love to hang out and take me out for a drink. But when I bring it up the next day...there's always an excuse that he can't anymore. He's also added me on several dating apps (although so have I). Is this all one big game? Do I just walk away or have a conversation with him?

There doesn't seem to be much interest except for casual dating or hookups. You went out every 2 weeks for 6 mos? Block him from your phone, social media. Why "add each other" on dating apps as if it's SM? Spend your time deleting him and dating guys who are more interested and want what you want.

we actually went out but that was about once every two weeks. He's also added me on several dating apps although so have I.

When a guy tells you what you don't want to hear, you better believe him. You want a relationship, he told you straight up that he doesn't. Can't be any more clear than that. What more is there to talk about?

The rest is just him stroking his ego. He contacts you and you are still game to meet him, aka still pining for him. Basically, he dangles bait, you bite...every.single.time. Stop it. He doesn't follow through because he has no intentions to. Please stop embarrassing yourself by contacting him to remind him. He hasn't forgotten, he is just not interested. Block him from the apps and social media. Delete his number and move on. Stop wasting your time on a time waster.

Hi there,

So I dated a guy for about 6 months - in the end he would bail a lot and generally didn't show too much interest. Things were great when we actually went out but that was about once every two weeks. I was looking for more and when I approached the subject he said he didn't want a relationship. So, we ended things.

Fast forward a few months, we will still occasionally text. When he's out he will often text me that he'd love to hang out and take me out for a drink. But when I bring it up the next day...there's always an excuse that he can't anymore. He's also added me on several dating apps (although so have I). Is this all one big game? Do I just walk away or have a conversation with him?

He's sending mixed signals. You will never go wrong treating mixed signals as non-interest. Both scenarios always turn out the same. Don't try to figure him out. It's a waste of your time. Yes, you walk away. I would also recommend having absolutely no contact with him. He's gone, he doesn't deserve your attention.

Archived