How do you suggest sex counseling?

chicafella80

We still love each other...we live peacefully me and him.My mom tells me that sex is nothing and people can live together for years without it in a couple.That years a go people did not split because of lack of desire...both my parents have separate bedrooms because of dads snoring...we have long time without sex but i can wait a bit longer...just not eternally.How do u suggest counseling ?

I have to agree with the others.

He needs help with his depression and substance abuse first and foremost. Without first getting that sorted, sex therapy isn't going to be of much value at all. It would be like trying to put a Band-Aid on a gushing wound, to use a common analogy.

As for whether or not sex is important in a relationship, it all depends on you and your preferences and needs. Mom's opinion is just one opinion, with which I disagree. For me personally, sex is important and can act as an amazing bonding agent between a couple. Yes, people cycle through ebbs and flows of sexual desire, but it would not work for me if the tide was constantly ebbing.

Archived