Is anyone else dreading Christmas and New Year?

hi Everlong,

I feel your pain.. the last 3 xmas's have been spent solely at the ex'es family house, so this year will be very different.

Thankfully, I have an 8 year old son, so I cannot fail to try and get into the spirit!

Stick with family and friends.. they will pull you through.

There is also this forum too, which is a godsend

It is a terrible time for heartbreak , it is 6 years ago now , but I was dumped 3 days before Christmas , my friend had to drive to my city to stay with me , to do food shopping for me and basically function for me , it was such a terrible time ....... but it passes and that is what you have to keep telling yourself .....It WILL pass x love to all who are worrying and feeling so alone x

What I'd say is, use the time for yourself, do something special for you. If your feeling down, start a new gym membership, yoga class, martial arts, swimming. Get an inspiring book. Do something really daring and dont take any alcohol or whatever your poison is.

Re take that hobby which has been on the back burner for sometime, or start the new one which you've always meant to.

Go hiking with friends and breathe that fresh air.

Take time out from the past, the good and bad. That would be a true holiday.

I cannot get into the christmas spirit. Its my exs birthday then my grandads who has now passed. Followed by my nans who is very sick. Then my sisters. My brother is away for christmas so i wont see him.

I also spent the last three boxing days at the exs family so thats gonna suck. Then got no plans for new years.

Im not normally very christmasy anyway but im dreading it this year.

I do hope you find your Christmas spirit Everlong.

I am also dreading this holiday season. There is something about being with that someone special for the holidays. I don’t have that anymore but I’m glad that it’s over. So I decided this year to make some extra money and work overtime. I’ll be buying myself an extra nice present this year.

Not really looking forward to December in general too much to be honest, while not necessarily spending xmas day together, me and my ex did loads of 'cute' christmas stuff leading up to it. Last year we were leaving for Prague next week, this is gunna suuuck

First xmas without my family for 4 years...I'll be working...

New Years will be hard too coz I'll be at work whilst I know she'll be out somewhere....

Anyway, the sun will come up and the sun will go down....It's just another day....

And then we're into a brand new year to really start striving forward.

Carus*

we were together last christmas and new Year's eve. I put a lot of time and effort into his gift. I was more mad than anything that not even 2 weeks later, the jerk broke up with me. like, why couldn't he have done it BEFORE I spent the money?

while it was nice having someone, I'm so distracted by things this year, I haven't had much time to think about things being different.

Mixed feelings. I did enjoy shopping for her gifts and spoiling her a little bit so I’m missing that, also enjoyed watching a load of Christmas movies together throughout December. Not feeling festive at all TBH. Positive side though is that I no longer have to drive anywhere for visiting now on Christmas day; my family is in walking distance, and just about manageable stumbling distance back.

My first Holiday Season as a newly single mom - the last thing I wanted to do was get into the Christmas spirit - especially on the weekends my kids are with their dad. So I have made sure to over schedule myself with Christmas crap and it has really helped. Especially doing stuff that we didn't do before. Little things - getting a more festive looking manicure, decorating a friends Christmas tree (with some wine involved), today taking the kids to a community center to pass out Christmas gifts to other kids. I'm going to try to keep this up until after the holiday ...not sure if I'm looking forward to New Years

First post. Registered especially to say- absolutely dreading it.

I was together with my ex for 22 years, and was dumped on JUne the 17th. The last 6 months have been a living nightmare, and though it doesnt feel like its getting better, it must be because when I look back to July... I was probably certifiable.

But the first Christmas and New year alone, is going to be very very difficult. I'm dreading it.

I hope you've got people to spend it with Fever?

No, unfortunately. Going to have to tough it out on my own, while suffering knowing the ex is with someone else. I'm not close to my family, and xmas was always hard before I met my ex. Being with her, made it good, we found a formula for making each other happy- or so I thought.

Archived