Do i make a last ditch effort?

nman414

Quick background: 16, male high school. I asked a girl that i have been interested in out on a date. She said she would say yes and that she has had a crush on me since middle school, but she’s talking to someone right now but she’d let me know if it didn’t work out. That was like 3 weeks ago. We haven’t talked since. I really want a gf for the holiday season that i can spoil and have fun with. Also with prom coming up in Feb, I’d like to get to know her and be good friends before taking her. So should i make a last ditch effort to try to get her to make her decision? If so, how should i word it?

Quick background: 16, male high school. I asked a girl that i have been interested in out on a date. She said she would say yes and that she has had a crush on me since middle school, but she’s talking to someone right now but she’d let me know if it didn’t work out. That was like 3 weeks ago. We haven’t talked since. I really want a gf for the holiday season that i can spoil and have fun with. Also with prom coming up in Feb, I’d like to get to know her and be good friends before taking her. So should i make a last ditch effort to try to get her to make her decision? If so, how should i word it?

She told you she is interested in/"talking with" someone else and would let you know if it didn't work out. So its up to her to show you interest if she is interested. I would just leave her be. Honestly, from what i remember about prom, its okay to ask someone you are not close friends with out on a date. I would just ask her to prom a month before and if she tells you she is seeing someone else, take rejection gracefully. Also, a girlfriend is not like asking for a doll or a bike for Christmas. Enjoy this Christmas with your family. TIme will come soon enough when you will be moved out, married, whatever - and lots of my friends regretted that they missed family Christmases because they were wrapped up in trying to date as a teen. Maybe also you will meet someone you like better. Also, even if you went on a date with someone, they wouldn't be your girlfriend yet by Christmas

Archived