My ex keeps trying to add me on social media??

cookiefudge

Hey everyone.

I will try to cut a very long story short. I was in a long term relationship of a few years with a guy and recently we broke up as it just wasn’t working out and I truly wasn’t happy. He did put a lot of effort into getting back with me but I just couldn’t be in that place no more where I was constantly upset believing that whatever I did was wrong and I was always to blame about anything.

We officially ended it yesterday after weeks of inconsistent contact and crazy things being said.

But now he’s trying to re- add me on social media? I don’t want to be mean or anything but I don’t think it’s fair to both of us having each other on social media. I feel like I will constantly be monitored by him and he has my number if he ever needed to contact me , so why is he trying to add me?

He used to question my social media before when we were together telling me who I can and cannot follow and by then I closed all my social media because I was being told off for being active on social sites like Instagram or Facebook. But now I’m back on social networking sites, he keeps popping up. I don’t want him to think I’m being mean, but I feel as though it confuses everything and I’m trying to get through all of this and I don’t know if that’s actually helping.

Any advice is appreciated

Thank you.

Who cares what he thinks. Thats the beauty of being an X, you no longer have to worry. As someone once told me about being friends with an X. If you dont want to be a friend, dont be a friend. If you dont want your X on your social media, then dont have them on your social media. Nothing to explain to him about. But if he wants one, just say it wouldnt be appropriate.

Dont give in because if you do, you wont be free or be happy. Live your life as you want it, not how he wants to see it.

No don't add him ....you will still feel the chains that you expressed ...don't worry about being mean , it is almost impossible to end something without the other person eventually thinking you are mean , cruel blah blah blah

You are free now ...stay free ...

Hey thank you for your reply. Exactly, that’s how I would feel but I still don’t want to seem mean or anything, I try to be nice to everyone.

Hey thank you for your reply. Exactly, that’s how I would feel but I still don’t want to seem mean or anything, I try to be nice to everyone.

Sometimes , as daft as it sounds , you have to be mean for the higher good of yourself or another person .

Example , you add him so you are not being mean , he takes that as a good sign and a hopeful sign and is sat day in day out watching your every move and driving himself to despair ...That's not good for anyone . Can you see what I am getting it , I am not trying to knock the * kindness* out of you darling ..but sometimes you have to be strong enough to make decisions that may feel mean .

Just block him, and be done with it.

I did this with an ex after a particularly traumatic breakup, and I'd unblock him when there were big events in the town - to see whether he was going, and make sure I didn't end up at the same venue. Unfortunately because of the 48 hour window before you can block again, he contacted me.

First thing he said was that he didn't understand why I'd blanked him for so long, and that he didn't want there to be any difficulty between us. I nearly spat my tea out all over my keyboard...!

Sometimes , as daft as it sounds , you have to be mean for the higher good of yourself or another person .

Example , you add him so you are not being mean , he takes that as a good sign and a hopeful sign and is sat day in day out watching your every move and driving himself to despair ...That's not good for anyone . Can you see what I am getting it , I am not trying to knock the * kindness* out of you darling ..but sometimes you have to be strong enough to make decisions that may feel mean .

Hiya, thanks for your reply.

I do understand what you’re saying, other people have said similar things. And I do agree with what you’re saying about him being in despair and I wouldn’t want that. Maybe I shouldn’t accept it so it will help both of us to try and move forward?

Hiya, thanks for your reply.

I do understand what you’re saying, other people have said similar things. And I do agree with what you’re saying about him being in despair and I wouldn’t want that. Maybe I shouldn’t accept it so it will help both of us to try and move forward?

Absolutely ...honestly it is the right decision , he may not feel like it is , but it is .

Just block him, and be done with it.

I did this with an ex after a particularly traumatic breakup, and I'd unblock him when there were big events in the town - to see whether he was going, and make sure I didn't end up at the same venue. Unfortunately because of the 48 hour window before you can block again, he contacted me.

First thing he said was that he didn't understand why I'd blanked him for so long, and that he didn't want there to be any difficulty between us. I nearly spat my tea out all over my keyboard...!

Hi there, thank you for your reply.

Oh my! Yes maybe he does want there to be no difficulty but still it doesn’t feel right for him to still be able to see what I’m up to, I don’t know, I just would feel a little like I’m constantly being watched? But yes, maybe I should just leave it for now?

Archived