Father passed away

We decided to take my dad off life support 2 weeks ago. The funeral was a couple of days ago. I posted about family issues before. My family is not a positive presence in my life. The family insulted my choices with the funeral (which me and my dad already arranged) Away from my family I'm happy and carefree, I don't like who I become with them. My bf has been with me through all of this. My relationship with my dad was great... I would cancel plans with friends, we would go on dates (he says resturant food isn't real food.... it wasn't made with love), to the mall (I would spoil him). It's hard especially when someone you would see and talk to everyday is no longer there. No more surprise lasagna (the last dish he made for me because I lost my job)

• 4 weeks later...
We decided to take my dad off life support 2 weeks ago. The funeral was a couple of days ago. I posted about family issues before. My family is not a positive presence in my life. The family insulted my choices with the funeral (which me and my dad already arranged) Away from my family I'm happy and carefree, I don't like who I become with them. My bf has been with me through all of this. My relationship with my dad was great... I would cancel plans with friends, we would go on dates (he says resturant food isn't real food.... it wasn't made with love), to the mall (I would spoil him). It's hard especially when someone you would see and talk to everyday is no longer there. No more surprise lasagna (the last dish he made for me because I lost my job)

Oh sweets, I am SO sorry.

I lost my dad too, a few years ago, we were very close, so I completed understand.

Try and stay strong, reach out to friends and lean on BF, it will help especially in these initial mourning stages.

I didn't, even when encouraged to do so, and paid the price, emotionally.

Years later, I still struggle (read my suicide thread).

My dad was quite religious, so I went to talk to his pastor. He told me my dad is still with me, in spirit, even after the physical body dies.

This gave me great comfort.

Perhaps it will bring some comfort to you too, about your dad.

Take good care,

((hugs))

Archived