Loose at least 20 pounds in a week and a half?

This probably a silly question but I'm going to Paris in a week and half and I would like to loose some weight before I go. I regret not being very strict with myself all summer to reach my goal but what's done is done. Is it even possible to loose at least 20 pounds in a week in a half and if so how do I do it the a healthy way?

• 2 weeks later...

Izzy, no offense but sounds like this is your first diet? There is no healthy (or possible) was to loose 20lb in one week. Its jut not possible. Even those guys on the Biggest Loser who are morbidly obese only lose something like 5- 10lb in the first week just because they have so much weight to shift and the exercise regime and diet is so strict.

For the rest of us, normal healthy weight loss is usually about 2-3lb per week at the beginning, when you might be losing water weight, and after that stabilizes to 1-2lb per week, sometimes not changing due to water weight or plateaus.

To loose 20lb would take a few months at least..maybe half a year. Don't try any shortcuts like starving yourself and skipping meals! You will regret it when you're binge eating later.

Give up for this trip and set yourself a realistic goal for next time! Think of something else you have to look forward to a few months from now and use that as a motivation to stay fit and eat well!

If you have nothing coming up, to keep you going just invent your own goalpost. I just suggest imagining yourself looking hot in a size (whatever your goal weight) dress, and set a date on your calendar when you will buy it!

It takes burning off 3500 cals to lose an lb, so 70k cal deficit in 11 days is IMPOSSIBLE. That's 6363 cals of deficit per day. Even if you didn't eat for the next week and a half and ran for 6 hours plus a day, you're not going to burn that off.

Read up on nutrition.

You can possibly lose 4. But you'll have to eat a lot less and exercise like a maniac. There's also an issue with people where they reach a plateau point as well.

Archived